BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this is normal for a 528i, i feel as if the engine is a little to loud when the car is in idles its pretty noisy. Im used to a car going "mmmmmm" when idling, but with this car theres a light "grrrrr", which i don't find very normal. Could it be the silencer???????

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
How does it sound when you rev it a little bit? Does it still some overly-loud to you? Any whistling or high-pitched noises?

Does your car still have the factory, OEM air-filter holder/tubes/etc.? I guess what I am asking: Does it have an aftermarket CAI (cold air induction) system?

·
10,856 Posts
Did you just start usign the A/C again?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ågent99 said:
How does it sound when you rev it a little bit? Does it still some overly-loud to you? Any whistling or high-pitched noises?

Does your car still have the factory, OEM air-filter holder/tubes/etc.? I guess what I am asking: Does it have an aftermarket CAI (cold air induction) system?
No, everything is stock. something isn't normal in the car, i mean its louder than my 4 cylinder 318i, the 318i is quieter than the 528i at idle which doesn't seem right.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nick325xiT 5spd said:
Did you just start usign the A/C again?
I started using the A/C this weekend. When i use it that car makes a weird sound when i accelerate, almosts sounds like a big suv at that point. :dunno:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts