BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Raoul Duke
12,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experiences with California Car Covers? Looks like they've got a few models that appear to be much better than Noah fabric (which they claim is for dry climates).
California Car Covers

My 330i just got the boot out of the garage for a worthy cause. Until I can con the wife into giving me her spot it will be parked in the driveway or on the street.

·
Premium Member
11,052 Posts
I use a Covercraft Weathershield, and has served me quite well. It is extremely water repellent, and has the benefit of stowing very compactly -- should fit inside a pillow case (it comes with its own case).

-Al

·
Registered
848 Posts
jw said:
Anyone have any experiences with California Car Covers? Looks like they've got a few models that appear to be much better than Noah fabric (which they claim is for dry climates).
California Car Covers
Hey JW,

I have experience with them! However, not on the BMW. I have a Tacoma that sits outside and is not driven much so to protect the finish I bought a car cover. In the past I had a Wolf cover, it was the "general fit" style and it did a decent job. So when I got a cover for my Tacoma I bought the Wolf custom fit in the Evolution 4 material. The fit was just off. It was too tight, and didn't completely cover the rear bumper. Soooo I bought the custom fit Cal cover. It took them about 3 weeks to make it, but the fit and finish were perfect. Snug but not too tight and completely covered the truck. I live in So. Cal, also a dry climate, and the cover does a decent job of keeping the car protected.

I think I got the Noah (I'll check when I get home and edit if necessary) and it does a decent job. The morning dew gets under the cover but not nearly as bad as if the truck were not covered. Same with the rain. The majority of the rain stays off the truck; only in areas that the rain can puddle up will it seep through.

The jist of the message is I have a Cal Cover, replaced a competitors cover with it and have been very happy with them. In fact I bought a bra from them for the truck and the fit and finish were awesome.

Email me if you have any other questions.

Chipster

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
So where is Dave330i to chime in about his awesome $15 KMart cover? :lmao: :lmao:

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
Be sure to dust off / wipe down

Make sure you get a good car duster and take the dust off before putting the cover on. A guy with a black 530i was showing me the results of using a car cover for a while without dusting. He was :bawling:

·
Registered
125 Posts
I am going to get a cover from Cal. Car Cover.

I am waiting for a sample of the material, I also live in So. Cal. and the cover will ONLY be used in the Garage.

They have a thick, Flannel-lined on which is about $150.

Since I work for a OEM Supplier I emailed them and asked for a discount and they said yes, don't know what it will be (10%?) but I intend to order after I see (and am happy) with the sample.

Funny Note: I have a Custom Fit Car cover (from B & E: out of business) that fit my 1985 Prelude and except for the mirror pockets, it covers my 330i very well.

I use a California duster and Eagle One Wipe & Shine (only on "spots") every night before I cover my baby. Now while this may seem fanatical, I must do it or my CAT will get up and sleep on my car...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.