BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm assuming this is normal since I've always felt the car like this (past 2-4 years), but my mom just wanted me to ask here. Our van, going 80 mph, will speed up when going down a hill. The bimmer will slow down. I said this is because of a combination of inertia and the bimmer cruising at higher rpms for more throttle response.

Could this be a tranny problem? On another tranny note: When on a hill, any type of small incline really, it feels like the car struggles to shift out of park. Shifting between the rest of the gears is pretty smooth.

Sometimes I shift between D and 3 while moving, but with my foot off the gas. Is this ok? What about shifting into reverse or drive while moving <5mph forward or backwards respectfully. Thanks, Alex.

·
Banned
1,729 Posts
"The bimmer will slow down.">> Seems to be common.

"it feels like the car struggles to shift out of park (while on a hill). ">> normal

"shift between D and 3 while moving, but with my foot off the gas. Is this ok?">> yes

"What about shifting into reverse or drive while moving">> probably better to stop then put in gear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.