Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I bought my BMW 435i at 43k miles. It was a CPO and had bad rear brakes (which I found out after driving it home) so I ended up getting them changed and to do this the dealership that I bought it from applied a maintenance package till 50k miles which covered them at my local dealership. My car is telling me it doesn't need maintenance till 55k miles (according to the computer anyways), but I'm wondering if this package will cover anything if I take it in now. I know the front brakes don't have much life, but I'm not sure if they will be covered unless they're end of life like my rears were. Is it worth trying to take it in and can I get maintenance that's not due yet done or is it pretty much worthless?

Also as a side question, I have a JB stage 1 tuner installed. Does it matter if I leave this in or not? I'd take it out obviously for a warranty issue, but not sure if necessary if just bringing it in for maintenance.

·
where da clutch at ?
BMW 128i Convertible E88 N52B Executive Package
2,782 Posts
I believe a JB1 tune (engine tune) is irrelevant to say brakes.
So even if they check , it won;t effect anything,
but lets say you upgraded the suspension or wheels or brakes themselves,
then if there is a failure then they could deem it a problem

same analogy, if I put better wiper blades on the car instead of OEM's. doesn't effect the w'rantee if say the transmission blows.

So I bought my BMW 435i at 43k miles. It was a CPO and had bad rear brakes (which I found out after driving it home) so I ended up getting them changed and to do this the dealership that I bought it from applied a maintenance package till 50k miles which covered them at my local dealership. My car is telling me it doesn't need maintenance till 55k miles (according to the computer anyways), but I'm wondering if this package will cover anything if I take it in now. I know the front brakes don't have much life, but I'm not sure if they will be covered unless they're end of life like my rears were. Is it worth trying to take it in and can I get maintenance that's not due yet done or is it pretty much worthless?

Also as a side question, I have a JB stage 1 tuner installed. Does it matter if I leave this in or not? I'd take it out obviously for a warranty issue, but not sure if necessary if just bringing it in for maintenance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
maintenance package-2014 535i xdrive

I brought mine in at 49k and they did the front brakes. Then i bought the maintenance package to extend to 100k. This week i brought it in for 60k maintenance and they did oil change, brake fluid flush, 6 new spark plugs, and fixed a leaking oil filter gasket(4 hr job) all at no charge. I was surpised because I thought it only covered oil changes and brakes. Once I get brakes done again before 100k, it will have paid for itself $2500. Always a gamble with a warranty but with BMW prices, i think you might consider it, especially if they wont do your brakes before you hit 50k

1 - 4 of 4 Posts