BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure which route to take on this, but I am looking for information on my 1994 540I from the VIN. Somewhere on this forum I remember seeing a member who had access to VIN tracing helping out by providing the information to several other forum members. I have been told that I can get the information from the local BMW dealers, but for me that is a 70 mile trip southeast (Chattanooga), northwest (Nashville) or south (Huntsville, AL). I was informed that I would have to bring the VIN information to the dealership.

I have tried searching the Internet for information on my car, but have had no success. My VIN is GF28256 and I would be grateful beyond measure if someone could help me sort out the accessories and specs from the number. I am getting ready to do several major mechanical repairs with the car and it would help me better locate the correct parts and fluids needed for the task ahead. I really appreciate all of the posts. The majority of the repairs that I have already completed have been because of this forum!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the input. However, I went to the realoem.com site, but it does not give me a breakdown of the accessories or other info that would have been included when the original purchaser bought the car. Also, although it did provide me with a partial itemization, it really did not have any more info than what I can pull from the normal VIN search. Their disclaimer states that the site is still under construction, but it looks promising for future part info.
Somewhere, I believe in this forum, a member named Tyrone was able to provide a detailed information list of the car VIN's that were being submitted to him. I think a software for "BMW Tech" was mentioned, but I have traced all of the links for that as well. I'll just keep looking until I find something or will have to work something out to make a trip to the dealership.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts