BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
---------
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car is supposed to be fully insured with no deductible. However, I read a post somewhere on this forum saying that there are some exceptions regarding the countries where you can drive that the insurance covers.

Could somebody tell me if the insurance would be in effect if I drive to Slovakia and Poland? Is it also insured against theft and vandalism?

Thank you in advance :)

·
Using SPF 45
3,672 Posts
Greg220 said:
The car is supposed to be fully insured with no deductible. However, I read a post somewhere on this forum saying that there are some exceptions regarding the countries where you can drive that the insurance covers.

Could somebody tell me if the insurance would be in effect if I drive to Slovakia and Poland? Is it also insured against theft and vandalism?

I think those are out, but the info should be on the bmw website orby calling them.

It covers tehft/vandalism, but you'll need your keys if the car is stolen to prove you weren't negligent.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Greg220 said:

Yes, as of Mar. 23, Slovakia and Poland are covered. From the Gerling Insurance declaration, the following countries are not covered.

Israel, Iran, Iraq, Morocco, Tunisia.

If the car is stolen, you need to show the three keys. If you buy another BMW, 100% is covered, if another brand, 90%.

·
Registered
2015 335 M-Sport Mineral Gray
6,346 Posts
arnolds said:

If the car is stolen, you need to show the three keys. If you buy another BMW, 100% is covered, if another brand, 90%.
And the temporary registrations papers. They are the biggest pain to carry around because do no fit in a pocket. :(

·
Have a world-class day
756 Posts
arnolds said:
Yes, as of Mar. 23, Slovakia and Poland are covered. From the Gerling Insurance declaration, the following countries are not covered.

Israel, Iran, Iraq, Morocco, Tunisia.

That is exactly what the guy told me when I picked up mine in March 05. Iran, Iraq, Morocco, Tunisia are not covered. i wonder why :rofl: If it is stolen or totalled they give you an exact car with with 0%, but if you refuse then there is a 10% deductible. Who would refuse. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
What I would like to know is now that they've cut the insurance coverage time in half to 14 days, what does it cost to insure the car beyond 14 days?

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
:dunno: Just playing chess with ED. You know...thinking ahead.... :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts