BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 35d arrived at the dealership today. I went to look it over, and it is an accurate build --relief. I'll pick it up Thursday, provided my dealer doesn't try to renege on the pricing. (My CA asked today what kind of floor mats I want to purchase.) I've seen on this forum that some dealers don't throw in floor mats; mine apparently doesn't. Kind of like buying a new suit at a Kmart.

·
My Other Car Is A Bus
1,097 Posts
I've seen on this forum that some dealers don't throw in floor mats; mine apparently doesn't. Kind of like buying a new suit at a Kmart.
Sad. Mine not only includes the mats, but gives you the winter mats at the new owner's clinic(1 of several gift choices). My ca gave me a BMW license plate frame gratis for my first X3, and another one for the 2nd X3 (front and rear). These little things mean alot to customers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I picked up mine this past Saturday and my CA gave me all weather floor mats, set of engraved keychains (the mrs. thought this was a nice token of appreciation for our business), and because I ordered the M-Sport package also threw in an "M"polo shirt. These little items left us with a very positive buying experience.

·
My Other Car Is A Bus
1,097 Posts
I picked up mine this past Saturday and my CA gave me all weather floor mats, set of engraved keychains (the mrs. thought this was a nice token of appreciation for our business), and because I ordered the M-Sport package also threw in an "M"polo shirt. These little items left us with a very positive buying experience.
Good deal!:thumbup:

·
Resident Curmudgeon
23,726 Posts
Do the freebies depend on the 'deal' you struck? I'd like to think the guys getting stuff tossed in were deals where there was money being made....

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I'm sure you paid for them somewhere...

·
Registered
10 Posts
In terms of the deal I struck, I used all the information available from this site (2010 Dealer's Cost), Edmunds for the TMV, and used Bankrate.com to calculate the amount of interest generated for the loan.

Sticker: $77,375. (2010 X5 4.8 M-Sport w/ Premium package, Technology Package, Premium Sound, 20" Style 227 wheels, cold weather, rear climate, Active steering, & spare tire)
Negotiated Price down to: $72,480.
Down Payment:$40k
Road Hazard / Tire Insurance (5 years) @ $845.
Financing: 3.9%
Estimated Dealers Cost: $71,000. (per 2010 Wholesale Price sheet)
Amount Paid Above Invoice: $1,480.
Expect to pay loan amount within 6 months (total interest paid roughly $500.- $600.)
No pre-payment penalty for early pay-off

The dealer is making some money off of me (roughy 2k), which they are entitled to, but I feel the deal was fair. The beads & trinkets weren't expected, but a nice touch. :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts