BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car docked last wednesday and supposely was put on the truck on the 15th and it already went through the VPC....they told me 3-5 days to get it to my dealership... but the drive up from LA doesn't take more than 8 hours if you're going byt he speed limit....... will they deliver the car on the weekend?? I really want the car by the weekend... 10 weeks is too long to wait for a car!!!! =)

I'm in San Francisco and the car should be in southern california....

·
Registered
101 Posts
I think they mean that it takes 3-5 days for the dealership to deliver it to you. Shouldn't take more than a day to get it there. And about 1-3 days for the dealers to prep it for you. They go through some stuff and depending on how busy they are. What dealer did you purcahse from? My car just got to the VPC. I got mine at East Bay...

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
stoliboy said:
My car docked last wednesday and supposely was put on the truck on the 15th and it already went through the VPC....they told me 3-5 days to get it to my dealership... but the drive up from LA doesn't take more than 8 hours if you're going byt he speed limit....... will they deliver the car on the weekend?? I really want the car by the weekend... 10 weeks is too long to wait for a car!!!! =)

I'm in San Francisco and the car should be in southern california....
The trucking schedule is actually kinda weird. I think each truck will carry so many BMWs and they'll make stops between all the dealerships, like go from Port Hueneme (Oxnard) to L.A., drop off a few cars in L.A., then go up the 5 to drop off cars in dealerships in the central valley, and then go up to San Francisco (it would make logical sense). So everytime there's a car to be dropped off along the way, there's probably going to be a few hours delay, hence it's hard to tell how long it's going to take to get your car to SF via the truck carrier. It could be there in a day if it didn't have stops at L.A. dealerships and say, dealerships in Bakersfield and Fresneck. It could take 5 days if it had to make multiple stops at multiple dealerships. This is only a guess of course.

Now, I'm not sure how many cars the truck hold. The covered transport BMW uses look like they'll hold up to 10 vehicles. Also the last time I talked to a dealership, normally the have scheduled drop offs, like every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday is a drop off date. So most likely, if your car is loaded on Monday afternoon, it will definately be the three days until Wednesday that your dealership will receive the car. Another day for preparations, you've got the 3-5 day range?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got my car from SF BMW.. I really wanted to buy it from Cutter BMW but they only had an allotment of 2 330ci and could not sell it to me cheaper than that SF BMW was charging me... which by the way wasn't really a good deal =(

I just hope to get the car by the weekend..it's been a LONG LONG 10 weeks! hopefully I won't go crazy during these few days!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.