Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m going cross country in my 2016 X3 i28. I want to buy a spare tire and jacking system without paying dealer prices. Any ideas out there?
Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Check out bimmerzone dot com. They have a spare and jack set up. It’s expensive but as far as I know that’s the only setup for sale.
I have young kids and can’t risk getting stuck on the side of the road due to a flat so I have to keep my runflats.

If I ever travel cross country. I would just carry my full spare runflat tire in the trunk. If I get a flat, I would just drive to the nearest tire shop and just have them swap it out with the good runflat since most places don’t carry the specific tire except dealerships!
Also carry a air pump and a tire plug kit!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Safetyseal, makes really nice plug kits, with with easy to use tools.

·
Registered
10,676 Posts
ECS Tuning, too. For the F30, they sell an OE kit which includes an aluminum wheel instead of a stamped steel one. It's a lot lighter, which is really nice when you're humping the thing in and out of the trunk. It cost's more, though.

·
Registered
55 Posts
After 48k miles, I swapped the run flats for normal tires on my 2017 X3. Purchased a Green Slime repair kit for the trunk. Takes up less space than spare and jack, and will get me to a tire repair store. I'm a AAA member and will probably call them to assist.

·
Vendor
616 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts