BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,538 Posts
A ***8220;Mid-rise frame lift***8221; so that you can***8217;t stand up straight or recline on a creeper.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I don't know if anyone has seen this, but I thought it looked pretty nice; especially for the price. https://www.lucurybuy.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=169&search=lift
I've seen similar products at car shows and the price scares me! Good ones that meet safety codes etc cost way more...now part of the $$$'s difference is I don't see any power unit mentioned..most I've seen come with a portable hydraulic power and control unit...I wouldn't skimp on a lift...particularly if you're not gonna use it to just lift the car onto a good set of jack stands. Having a car fall onto any part of your body is NOT something you want to experience!
Looking at some of the jacks from "The Country of the Great Wall" makes my blood run cold (how strong is the steel?..are the welds porous?..lots of questions no answers)...betting this unit might do the same.:eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I have a lighter duty 2 post Torin lift rated at 7000 lbs. I could lift the car up to 6 feet but my garage roof is not quite high enough. It comes with safety latches and the hydraulic power pack. Quite reasonable in price and build quality is good as well. It is a permanent install however. Realistically, it should be in a 16 x 24 foot space.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts