Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a non-idrive 328 and today I have an unexpected issue. I was steering through a parking lot and holding the volume decrease toggle. The radio was unresponsive but eventually the volume reduced. Then I tried to switch from AUX to radio and the screen blanks out and then goes back to AUX. Then I tried to turn off the radio and it wouldn't turn off. All of the buttons are unresponsive; on/off, volume, menu, everything. So I turn off the ignition and remove the key and the radio display is still illuminated with 'AUX' and the ignition button is still lit. Engine is off, lights are off, but the ignition is still lit and the radio display is still lit. If I pull the fuse for the radio will it come back on or will it think that it's been stolen and stay dead? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
81 Posts
If I switch off my car, the radio stays on even if I open the door and close it. I have to lock it or hit the stop button twice to turn it off.... Not sure if thats what you were seeing.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't mention it, but the radio/cd/aux is acting differently than it has before and that's what concerns me. If it had been doing these things before it wouldn't be a big deal, but now it won't do anything; the radio won't play, the head unit won't switch to CD. I will go check it and see if the iPod will play or if that's on the fritz, too.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I didn't mention it, but the radio/cd/aux is acting differently than it has before and that's what concerns me. If it had been doing these things before it wouldn't be a big deal, but now it won't do anything; the radio won't play, the head unit won't switch to CD. I will go check it and see if the iPod will play or if that's on the fritz, too.
Disconnect the battery, wait for 30 minutes, then reconnect. This should at least reset everything. If it continues to play up, visit the dealer.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I waited a while and got in the car again and there was no change. However, this morning all was good. The radio was working but had reset to 88.1 or whatever the lowest frequency is, and the AUX and CD are all working fine. I don't know what was wrong, but apparently it reset itself at some point overnight. Thanks for the input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts