BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car should be in Oxnard around 11/4; to VPC on 11/5 or 6; and to Las Vegas 11/10 or 11. Patience just might be rewarded with a beautiful new 530iA, sterling gray/gray lthr, prem pkg, cold wthr pkg (I know, I know its Vegas but the wife wants heated seats like my Z3), lumbar, pwr sunshade, xenons, and Nav (hooray!! DVD based and hopefully in-dash CD). Will be tinting windows and installing the clear bra stuff. Next challenge is to obey all the rules of proper break-in. Anyone else have their baby on the TANCRED?

I WILL obey the break-in protocol, however, the guy who runs the automotive department at the college that I work at claims that car engines are properly tested and never really need to be broken-in. He is a car enthusiast as well and I sort of wonder if he is not patient enough to keep the RPM below a given threshhold. I'm not willing to risk damage or poor long-term performance due to any haste on my wife's or my part.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Yup....with you

My 330ci is on the Tancred, too, after I took ED back on 9/26 and dropped the car off in Amsterdam. What a blast.

Called BMWNA and was told "up to 20 days" from arrival at Port Hueneme to my dealer. Sounds conservative, so I'll be waiting and doing some nail biting. Hoping it arrives fast.

Any word on the dock situation? How did you arrive at your ETA at the dealership? I am taking delivery at Cutter in Santa Barbara.

Best,
Lansing

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ETA listed on Vehicle Inquiry Report

At Jon's (Cutter Motors) suggestion, I had a VIR run from my local dealership. It lists several items among them the ETA for the Port of Oxnard (11/4) and the vehicle processing center (11/5). My sales guy estimates 2 to 3 days max from the processing center to Vegas.

By the way, I bought my 2001 Z3 from Cutter Motors and can cheerfully and enthusiastically recommend them. The only reason I didn't order the arriving 530iA is that the local guys matched Cutter's price. Happy motoring!.....Webfoot

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.