BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a car rack for my new 2002 325i ...

For the summer, I need to carry my road and mountain bikes. For the winter, skis and snow boards.

Anyone recommend a good rack? I was told Thule is the best (Sweeden manufacturer).

Anyone have any good/bad experiences with any particular brand?

Thanks.

DMB41

·
Hi
4,481 Posts
I have the BMW rack, which I believe is made by Thule. I really like it. Search the archives here or on bimmerforums.com, there was a long thread on this subject a few weeks ago.

·
superwagon pilot
'17 991.2C, '19 e450 wagon, 11 135iC, 09 x3
1,403 Posts
dmb41 said:
Need a car rack for my new 2002 325i ...

For the summer, I need to carry my road and mountain bikes. For the winter, skis and snow boards.

Anyone recommend a good rack? I was told Thule is the best (Sweeden manufacturer).

Anyone have any good/bad experiences with any particular brand?

Thanks.

DMB41
Thule is the best, and most cost effective way to go. They manufacture the BMW racks for BMW as well (BMW rebadges the thule racks). The thule racks are modular, so you can get a base rack, and the mounting options you want/need. Go to the Thule website and plug in your car, or just follow this link, I did it for you... 2002 325 4 dr, Thule

By the way, I'm guessing DMB41, Dave Matthews fan?

·
superwagon pilot
'17 991.2C, '19 e450 wagon, 11 135iC, 09 x3
1,403 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Car Rack

dmb41 said:

thanks, ill check thule's site out.

you got it on the dmb41, you either know it or you dont.
It wasn't too hard to figure out, but ya never know. I'll seeing him in a couple of weeks at Hershey for something like the 8th time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: Car Rack

Josh (PA) said:

It wasn't too hard to figure out, but ya never know. I'll seeing him in a couple of weeks at Hershey for something like the 8th time.
I hear you. For me, the Gorge, WA Sept 5 and 6. The 8th and 9th time for me, respectively. Just saw him on May 23rd in Portland, OR (flew back the day before from Frankfurt - just finished Euro Delivery!).

·
Registered
198 Posts
I got the Thule rack from the rackwarehouse.com (think that was the site). Cheaper than buying from the local dealer here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts