BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when the car gets going if you turn the wheel right it starts to shake. any one know whats going on?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've only had the car a week but it seems to brake fine in a straight line. I was thinking that maybe one of the brakes was maybe not releasing completely

·
Registered
291 Posts
i think wishbone tracking or buckled wheel/bearing. sounds pretty unsafe..if its real bad you should bring it to a guy with a lift who can inspect the bushes etc....

·
Registered
8 Posts
howdy

howdy,
i had the same problem with my car, it is not the same model but, i took it to my mechanic and it was my left wheel bearing so it only happened when i steered right and put pressure on the left wheel. maybe the same not sure??

·
Registered
291 Posts
andy could be right. u can jack the car up and with the wheel off the ground and see if there is any play in the wheel .... it will surely wobble somewhat if the bearing is shot

·
Search: Top right corner
1,127 Posts
Go get your wheels balanced, its the cheapest thing to do first. Then look at your front control arm bushings. You dont need a lift to do this, just jack the car up and look at the bushings.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
alright thanks guys, I'll take it into my auto class and check it out the teacher knows what he's doing most of the time

·
Tightrope walking
9,559 Posts
You've got Zoolander's car....cant turn right
:rofl: :rofl: :thumbup:

i think wishbone tracking or buckled wheel/bearing. sounds pretty unsafe..if its real bad you should bring it to a guy with a lift who can inspect the bushes etc....
Go get your wheels balanced, its the cheapest thing to do first. Then look at your front control arm bushings. You dont need a lift to do this, just jack the car up and look at the bushings.
If it were unbalanced wheels or a wheel bearing, it vibrate in a straight line too. I've got a shot front right wheel bearing in my race car and it vibrates at speeds over 90, no matter what directions the wheels are pointed.

stephenslyman is on to something with the bushings, get those checked. It could also be that your tie rods are shot.

·
Tyler's Paw Paw
942 Posts
control arm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts