Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What car seats fit in the center back seat of a 2016 328i? I've been looking at the Graco 4-ever all-in-one covetable car seat but struggling to find forums for my make and model. Any help is much appreciated!

·
Registered
5,710 Posts
What car seats fit in the center back seat of a 2016 328i? I've been looking at the Graco 4-ever all-in-one covetable car seat but struggling to find forums for my make and model. Any help is much appreciated!
We are expecting second kid in April and definiately not going with Graco. We have 4 Ever-all-in-one in wife's Tiguan and it is cheap, uncomfortable etc. Check Chico, Britax etc.
Unfortunately Recaro pulled out of the US market. I had that seat in BMW X5 and now Toyota Sienna, and it is ridiculously comfortable for my kid. He literally would do 800 miles in one day with no issues.

·
Registered
751 Posts
We are expecting second kid in April and definiately not going with Graco. We have 4 Ever-all-in-one in wife's Tiguan and it is cheap, uncomfortable etc. Check Chico, Britax etc.
Unfortunately Recaro pulled out of the US market. I had that seat in BMW X5 and now Toyota Sienna, and it is ridiculously comfortable for my kid. He literally would do 800 miles in one day with no issues.
I would have likely bought a second Recaro convertible, but they are no longer available.
We ended up with a Clek foonf. Big seat but very comfortable and nice safety features like steel frame and anti-rebound bar, plus a crumple zone forward facing. Passenger seat basically all the way forward to accommodate the size, and the latch anchors dig into the rear seat base a bit more than I would like, can't wait to turn it forward facing.

·
Registered
5,710 Posts
I would have likely bought a second Recaro convertible, but they are no longer available.
We ended up with a Clek foonf. Big seat but very comfortable and nice safety features like steel frame and anti-rebound bar, plus a crumple zone forward facing. Passenger seat basically all the way forward to accommodate the size, and the latch anchors dig into the rear seat base a bit more than I would like, can't wait to turn it forward facing.
Yeah, Recaro is out of market. It is ridiculous. I think they got into dispute with regulators over how their seats react during crash. They did not want to change their philosophy, which considering track record, is probably correct one.
I will see what I will get. In my minivan, anything can go in, so not concern with size anymore. However, my wife's Tiguan is cramped, so need something small.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Yeah, Recaro is out of market. It is ridiculous. I think they got into dispute with regulators over how their seats react during crash. They did not want to change their philosophy, which considering track record, is probably correct one.
I will see what I will get. In my minivan, anything can go in, so not concern with size anymore. However, my wife's Tiguan is cramped, so need something small.
The test that was challenged I believe was too heavy of a dummy in the 5 point harness that broke the upper mounting for the straps upon impact. AFAIK there were no reported instances or injuries from this, and Recaro took the stand that it was safer for the kid to be less rigid. No one challenged that, and Recaro did not want to be part of USA litigious society.
They had been by far the best value. Bummer

·
Registered
5,710 Posts
The test that was challenged I believe was too heavy of a dummy in the 5 point harness that broke the upper mounting for the straps upon impact. AFAIK there were no reported instances or injuries from this, and Recaro took the stand that it was safer for the kid to be less rigid. No one challenged that, and Recaro did not want to be part of USA litigious society.
They had been by far the best value. Bummer
Too many people in this country living from suing other people.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts