BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Much to my chagrin I cannot easily fit my 6 vert, new 535xi and my wifes suv along with tractor and kids bikes in my garage. The 535 will have to stay outside until I garage my 6 at another facility during he winter months . It will be parked in my driveway in my subdivision and I live in ne Ohio. Thoughts on tips to keep it looking good and thoughts on car covers would be appreciated

·
Happily Driving
7,160 Posts
Don't park it underneath a tree. Otherwise, check Bavarian Autosport, they have some nice car covers.

·
Everything's Bigger in TX
7,121 Posts
Much to my chagrin I cannot easily fit my 6 vert, new 535xi and my wifes suv along with tractor and kids bikes in my garage. The 535 will have to stay outside until I garage my 6 at another facility during he winter months . It will be parked in my driveway in my subdivision and I live in ne Ohio. Thoughts on tips to keep it looking good and thoughts on car covers would be appreciated
Buy a shed for the tractor and bikes. ;)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That would be My solution but 2 problems
1. Not allowed by subdivision
2. Won't meet wap (wife approval factor)

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
I don't blame you for stressing over the new ride.

They can survive outside pretty well ..... here is my daughter's 2002 330i which "went to college" for 5 years, sat outside, under a tree. It would come home a mess. I would clean it up and wax it once a year.

Now if I could just get that cat that likes to sit on my new F10 in the garage ..........:mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have the same problem. Two car garage and soon to be 4 vehicles. Usually I store my SL in a storage unit during the winter months, but it's in the garage now along with my ML. My wife is a homemaker so she's OK most of the time with parking her Toyota Venza outside. MOST of the time... When it's crappy outside I still get an earful about it. I'd be careful about a cover, sometimes they can be more harm than good. Get a good "California Car Duster" to keep the dust and pollen off.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just traded that car in after 121,366 miles. Same color but mine was on 01. Workhorse of a car. I still miss it somedays. It was the first car I bought on my own.

I have already purchased the duster. Thanks for the input.
I made a mistake and pulled my 6 vert out of storage too soon. This winter is never ending. Just had another 3-4" of snow yesterday afternoon. I unsuspectingly took the 6 to work yesterday.

·
Registered
128 Posts
My 535 is parked outside 90% of the time. Keep it waxed. The only thing that I attend to immediately is bird crap. Other than that no problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts