BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

1st BMW, after a series of Jags and Volvos

The car radio in the car came with a MiniDisc player, and CD changer in the boot ... but the display unit is all pixelated and can’t be read, I think also the tuner is inoperable as all I can get is static

Can anyone recommend either a place to source replacement for the bottom section (I have MDs filled with audio from years ago)

If it’s not cost effective to replace it, I will replace the stereo probably with a DAB unit

Thanks in advance

rich

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
There are several companies that fix pixels, contact one of them for a price. You might also be able to buy the ribbon and put it in yourself. Just search for e39 MID pixel....some might also have ribbons for the radio you have. Last resort might be to find a similar radio with working pixels on Ebay or somewhere

·
Registered
338 Posts
Well if you dot mind spending the amount a decent head unit costs and get yourself something thats lightyears ahead in technology, with bluetooth, touchscreen, obd reading capability, navi, etc. Limits are endliess as its android based. Its the eonon unit. I got mine for 350, has a factory look. Excuse the crap picture quality, I dont see a need to spend the down payment of a car for a phone, so the camera is crappy in low light.

Restoring a lightly used 2002 BMW 525iA back to it's stock beauty one part at a time, with a modern touch!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts