BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this morning on a flat surface I stop with the car running to drop my daughter off at school and when I accelerated to leave the car kept putting itself into park and giving a roll away warning on the screen. I put it back in drive and this repeated for about 3 or 4 tries. Needless to say I was very frustrated and decided to completely shut off the car get out of it, lock it and then unlock it and get back in and try again and then it stayed in gear and I was able to drive off. Has this happened to anyone yet?

·
My M...not Hers
1,159 Posts
So this morning on a flat surface I stop with the car running to drop my daughter off at school and when I accelerated to leave the car kept putting itself into park and giving a roll away warning on the screen.
Was a door open or not closed properly? Never happened to me. Call or bring back to dealer ASAP. I'd call and explain.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Regarding the door yes an no: I was still in gear and she opened the door and got out then closed the door completely, there were no open door lights on. The only thing that solved the problem was that after she was out and gone I had to completely shut off the car, get out and lock it, then unlock it get back in and then it stayed in gear and I was able to drive away.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I had the car into the dealer and of course they could not find any fault codes or reproduce the situation. Attached is the invoice with the work they performed if it helps, section B.

IMG_7841.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts