BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I can't get an appointment at my regular hand wash detailer for another week, but I really need to get the Z4 washed. Can anyone recommend a good place in the city that knows how to treat the ragtop right?

Thanks in advance.

·
Investigative Tinkerer
5,011 Posts
I used to wash the Healey in my driveway (161 27th St, just off Delores).

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Randy Forbes said:
I used to wash the Healey in my driveway (161 27th St, just off Delores).
Unfortunately, I live in an apartment on Russian Hill. My building has a parking garage, but no washing allowed, so I usually take the car to Phaedrus on Jackson St. for a monthly wash.

·
iLike iDrive
415 Posts
Tower Car Wash

I take my cars to the touchless car wash on Mission and Van Ness. Initially, I was hesitant about possible damage to the top or the wheels as it goes through the wash. But, haven't had any problems/issues with this establishment.

Fairly reasonable too ... prepay $135 for 10 regular washes. Plus, a free Sunday Chron on weekends (if you get there before they run out).

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ger3sf said:
I take my cars to the touchless car wash on Mission and Van Ness. Initially, I was hesitant about possible damage to the top or the wheels as it goes through the wash. But, haven't had any problems/issues with this establishment.

Fairly reasonable too ... prepay $135 for 10 regular washes. Plus, a free Sunday Chron on weekends (if you get there before they run out).
Would that be Tower Car Wash? I don't think I want to deal with the traffic there on a regular basis, but it'd be nice to get the car clean this week.

·
iLike iDrive
415 Posts
cantona7 said:
Would that be Tower Car Wash? I don't think I want to deal with the traffic there on a regular basis, but it'd be nice to get the car clean this week.
Yes...Tower Car Wash. Traffic can be a pain as Van Ness leads into 101, plus they can get real busy. On Sat or Sun, I try to get there early in the day or later, just before 7pm closing.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ger3sf said:
Yes...Tower Car Wash. Traffic can be a pain as Van Ness leads into 101, plus they can get real busy. On Sat or Sun, I try to get there early in the day or later, just before 7pm closing.
Thanks for the reco. I'll try to hit Tower after work today or tomorrow. Is it actually touchless, or do they have a machine wash that you have to go through?

By the way, I LOVE the color combo on your 330Cic--post some pics!

·
Ad Grunt
443 Posts
When you want it done right, you have to do it yourself?

When I lived in SF, I used the self-serve coin-op place on Geary. Left hand side as you head towards the cliffhouse from Van Ness. Have to pass Japan town first. I never let someone else touch the car.

If you go there in the evening during the week you can take your time with a bucket.

·
iLike iDrive
415 Posts
cantona7 said:
Thanks for the reco. I'll try to hit Tower after work today or tomorrow. Is it actually touchless, or do they have a machine wash that you have to go through?

By the way, I LOVE the color combo on your 330Cic--post some pics!
It's touchless because there are no automated brushes that wash the car. As the car goes through the car wash bay, 2, 3, sometimes 4 guys wash the car. There is a viewing window so you can watch them. I should've also mentioned that they don't wash the softtop so the risk of damage is minimized.

Here are some pics from the 2004 ED trip...

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63503&referrerid=9983

1 - 10 of 10 Posts