Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Pep Boys today, trying to find Zanio products. I guess they don't carry them. Is there any other store I might find them? I'm in So Cal.

To wash your BMW, you shouldn't be using any kind of "wash mitts" that are made of synthetic materials. It can leave swirl marks on your paint. Use 100% American made cotton bath towels to wash your car.

Read about that: http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=TOWELS&Store_Code=Z

To dry your car, use the cotton towel, too. Has anybody ever tried this? and didn't have any swirl marks on your car? I am surprised that chamios may scratch your paint.

Did the search in this forum, trying to find more info about waxing your car. Lots of you have many different opinions on Zaino products. I am somewhat confused between these products. I've never tried Zaino products before. Would appericate your advice.

Thanks!

-madmax

·
Registered
575 Posts
u won't find zaino in a retail store, u have to order it online or u can visit their distribution center in howell, nj. i just did zaino on my car 2 weeks ago. i can tell u it looks superb! i used mf cotton wash mitt for the wash and 100% cotton towel and mf towel for drying. with zaino u have to initially wash ur car with dawn liquid detergent to get rid of any underlying wax product. then, u use fx mixed with either z2 or z5 mix to apply zaino. i did 3 coats in one day! it looks amazing and is good for winter treatment!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I hear that Zaino makes excellent products for leather. I haven't had the time to try any of them out yet. I don't know of any stores that sell Zaino products but you can get them online for relatively cheap.

Oh and here's a good website on washing and detailing your car:

www.bettercarcare.com

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
DarkRyan323 said:
I hear that Zaino makes excellent products for leather. I haven't had the time to try any of them out yet. I don't know of any stores that sell Zaino products but you can get them online for relatively cheap.

Oh and here's a good website on washing and detailing your car:

www.bettercarcare.com
Another very good one www.autopia.org good luck
cheers
vern

·
Registered
248 Posts
If you are in Los Angeles, you can pick up Zaino products in WLA from the L.A. distributor, Ira Emus, or just order them online. www.lazaino.com

As to the cotton towels - I use only (synthetic) microfiber. Easier and safer, IMO. I love the Meguiar's microfiber-covered foam applicators (available at Pep Boys). They far outlast the Zaino applicators, which seem to fall apart after a couple of uses.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK...

I'll use Original Dawn soap to wash my BMW. Dry it with 100% cotton white towels.

Then apply Z-2 (to wax & polish the paint). I just checked my BMW's paint under the flourcast lights and I don't see any evidence of swirl marks, so I don't need Z-5.

I guess that's it?

Oh, yes I'll get Z-10 "leather in a bottle" for my Montana leather seats.

Anything else I forgot?? Let me know...thanks!

Again, thanks for your help!! My BMW is my first BMW, I want to do it right.

-madmax

·
Registered
575 Posts
u might have to clay it if ur paint has pollutants on it already. i ordered z6 to be sprayed on after each coat of z2. i have to get z10 for my leather interior too.

·
Registered
248 Posts
You need to do ONE of the following:

Option A: Apply Z-1 prior to your first coat of Z-2. Subsequent coats can be added 24 hours apart.

Option B: Use ZFX with your first coat of Z-2. Subsequent coats, with ZFX, can be added immediately (up to 3 in 24 hours).

I would recommend Z-8 to finish it off, but strictly optional.

·
Registered
363 Posts
first BMW

some say Leatherique is the best for leather. make sure you're throughly educated about proper techniques/procedures of leather care before you start doing anything.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts