BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like the car is finally filthy enought to wash. I want to start over and begin this car's exterior/interior care with all new products. Meguiar's never lasted long anyhow.

My question is, what car wash detergent should I use? I'm hoping to avoid ordering one and just simply pick one up locally.

I think I might be able to swing by Zaino's place in New Jersey or Huntington Valley to pick up detail products in the next few weeks, but I need the wash products this week.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
480 Posts
RChoudry said:
Looks like the car is finally filthy enought to wash. I want to start over and begin this car's exterior/interior care with all new products. Meguiar's never lasted long anyhow.

My question is, what car wash detergent should I use? I'm hoping to avoid ordering one and just simply pick one up locally.

I think I might be able to swing by Zaino's place in New Jersey or Huntington Valley to pick up detail products in the next few weeks, but I need the wash products this week.

Any suggestions?
Meguiars makes a Gold Class carwash that works really well for me. You can pick up a really large jug from Target for about 10 bucks.....it's gentle and still cleans well.

·
Be a race car Daddy!
2016 340i M-Sport
330 Posts
Re: Re: car washing question

Ben Chou said:

Meguiars makes a Gold Class carwash that works really well for me. You can pick up a really large jug from Target for about 10 bucks.....it's gentle and still cleans well.
Me too! I'm very pleased with this product. Their Gold Class wax is pretty good too :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Re: Re: car washing question

Ben Chou said:

Ditto, cheap and effective. :thumbup:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Re: Re: Re: car washing question

ObD said:

Ditto, cheap and effective. :thumbup:
As for other stuff like rims, I definitely would suggest you go with P21S. These German rims are really sensitive to even stuff that is "clear coat safe" like Eagle One. If you use them you will end with rims that have a white residue on them that you will have to polish off. Order the large jugs of P21S and be safe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.