BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Zinnobitch
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the battery not to long ago and it all seemed fine. Sometimes the negative would get loose and stall my car but that was an easy fix. My problem is that now the '95 325i is stuck outside and will not turn on. The cars get power as all the gauges and panels turn on yet the engine will not rotate. I sometimes hear when trying to turn it on the slightest (I mean it is very low so you can barely hear it) buzz coming from the center front dash part, but that happens everything I unplug the battery and reconnected for the first time. I recently changed the key, ignition housing and keyswitch. :mad:

·
Zinnobitch
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm, now to find the starter...

Is it like on the e30, all the way stuck in the back near the middle of the tranny? Or somewhere more visible, hopefully.

·
Zinnobitch
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So anyone know of any other e36 forums? Like where more people are on all day round? Kind of like a r3vlimited or e30tech for e36s?

Thanks

·
Zinnobitch
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, my e30 blew up on me. Not the greatest thing. I thought the e36 would be better to work with. The parts are cheaper BUT no one is active on the forums... -_-

I will be getting a e30 is probably 3 years when I graduate from college and will have teh moniez for one. :D

·
Zinnobitch
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright so I took my battery in to Autozone and the thing was horribly ****ed, running at a horrendous 6V. Guessing that explains the reason why my car was not starting. I have not yet put it in since I went straight to an Intel Retail Edge Program and obviously came back late.

Now my question, what could have caused my battery to "break"? This is the second one I have gone through. Could it be bad grounds? A bad positive? Where are all the grounds on a e36 located? Should I replace them all, clean it?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Ergh, um, don't tap on starters. Starter technology has evolved to a point where they draw less amps, but hitting them with mallets could ruin them rather than test them.

the correct way to test a starter is to use a test light or multimeter to see if there is power getting to the starter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts