BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i searched but i could not exactly find my answer. recently got a 06 bmw 325i automatic and having my first issues. car has 159k miles. today the car died on me while it was on, i had just placed it into park,stalled and then died. it would not start back up, it turned over but just would not start. i left the car there for about 2-3 hrs went back to start it again and still nothing, my battery was starting to feel weak so i was jumping it while i checked for spark/fuel. I can hear the fuel pump kick in on "on"position i checked the fuel rail for pressure (by rail port) and fuel came out with good pressure. as i kept trying and trying it finally just started..drove it to autozone to have codes read,killed the car and then it would not start again! it turned on for a bit but stalled and died..thats where its spending the night tonight..

notes:

-autozone's scanner kept saying error reading codes when they plugged it up,but after a few times codes p112d and p0456 came up on their scanner

-i accidentally put regular gas (87) than premium

-every time i would start it in the morning it has a slight misfire but goes away after a few seconds

-noticed this morning (before it died on me) that the MPG gauge thing was going a bit crazy but that was just for a bit then went back to being normal

-just got this car a weak ago, previous owner put new coils but never changed fuel pump

Car had not given me any problems at all(except for the slight misfire in the morning) all weak til today it just died out of nowhere.. any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
First check the basic things,
engine to chassis ground cable tight?
everything tight at the jump start terminal?

Any wet area under the carpets? Passenger side footwell?

Check the Junction box electronics if all the outputs have the correct 12V supply.

And something is killing the bus communication. That's why the reader couldn't communicate. I would trace this issue down. First bc this might be the only issue, second, bc once this is fixed, you might get more error messages. The ones you have won't stall the car.

Anything that is connected to a bus can kill the communication of the entire bus.

http://www.bmw-planet.net/diagrams/release/en/e90/index.htm

to read more about the bus, on the website above go to
Complete vehicle > body > bus functions > bus diagnosis > system analysis

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just tried some starting fluid and car came on for a second then stalled and died..bad fuel pump?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts