BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the average speeds of cars in the caravan? is it like the DTMpower where people
drive on the shoulders and do dounuts on the freeway? and go under 18 wheelers and all that good stuff? lol . . j/p, but seriously what is the average speeds of the Bimmers or does it vary?
 

·
:-)
Joined
·
2,262 Posts
i've never been to bimmerfest but i heard that the so cal caravan going up in the morning likes to go 100+ most of the way, which i think is unbelievably dumb. i don't know about the 'official' bimmerfest road rally in the afternoon.

i asked this question before and i just got one answer (the one above), i wish more people would chime in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
The speed varys, I'd say a majority of the caravan goes in the fast lane after we all get on, and flows with freeway speeds...there is a few people going fast here and there, but your not going to be left behind or anything....you could almost get off an exit get fast food and still be in the caravan lol, its a lot of cars hehe.
 

·
Old Timer
Joined
·
751 Posts
please just don't tell the CHP we're all coming...oh well, probably too late as CHPahoy has told all his little chippie buddies...do watch out while going N. bound on the 101, they do have the air patrol
 

·
The only cars to drive...
Joined
·
240 Posts
Well, I would say go the speed limit MINUS 5mph. That way, you can have a Catch Up Speed be the speed limit. Now, no one will need to speed. Also, put the 'slowest' car in the front.

I'd bet the cops will be focusing in on a group of BMWs.

--edit--

Oh a V1 will NOT save you from the air patrol pacing you and him radioing his buddies on the ground. Been stopped that way. not cool.

~Vroomer
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
"CHPahoy has told all his little chippie buddies" (Quote)

JT, you're a real piece of work. Why do you have to make a personal attack at me! I don't tell my co-workers how to do their job, and if you're out there driving 100+ as you stated in previous threads you should expect to pay the consequences. I am an enthusiast along with everyone else and the last thing I'm going to do is infringe on their having a good time, whether it be at the speed limit or above.
 

·
Donkeybike?
Joined
·
3,680 Posts
chpahoy said:
"CHPahoy has told all his little chippie buddies" (Quote)

JT, you're a real piece of work. Why do you have to make a personal attack at me! I don't tell my co-workers how to do their job, and if you're out there driving 100+ as you stated in previous threads you should expect to pay the consequences. I am an enthusiast along with everyone else and the last thing I'm going to do is infringe on their having a good time, whether it be at the speed limit or above.
I think the BMW caravan should be lead by oilhead BMWs... that way your 'little chippie buddies' can participate as well! :thumbup: :D

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
i'm wondering if there are any caravans meeting up in the san fernando valley area?...i'm hoping to roll with a few other bimmers...this is the first fest for me so its all new to me...let me know if there are anyone meeting around my area...thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
E34M50TU said:
i'm wondering if there are any caravans meeting up in the san fernando valley area?...i'm hoping to roll with a few other bimmers...this is the first fest for me so its all new to me...let me know if there are anyone meeting around my area...thanks!
OMG are you for realz lol there is a huge caravan leaving from Balboa park.

http://gripspeed.com/caravan/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
so i read on another post...like i said, i'm a rookie here so bare with me...hehehe...do you happen to know the exact details on that particular caravan?...and also, how much does it cost to go to the fest?..thanks man!! nice M3 btw...love the color...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
E34M50TU said:
so i read on another post...like i said, i'm a rookie here so bare with me...hehehe...do you happen to know the exact details on that particular caravan?...and also, how much does it cost to go to the fest?..thanks man!! nice M3 btw...love the color...
The fest is totally free, expect for any raffle tickets you buy or parts hehe. Totally free.

All the details are under that gripspeed like then in the LA caravan section. We are meeting at the Park at the times on there getting to B fest at about 9:10ish or so.

The Los Angeles Caravan: Will meet at: Balboa Park, Encino
At the time of: 7:35am
To Depart at the time of: 8am SHARP
Departure Destination: BIMMERFEST 2005 OMG!!!!!~~1!!!oneone
Point of Contact: Jonathan AKA DCLordGop
(PM on Bimmerforums.com)

Balboa Park: (SD/OC GOES here, LA MEETS here)
6000 Balboa Blvd
Encino, CA 91316

Cutter Motors BMW of Santa Barbara: (EVERYBODY goes/meets here)
402 S. Hope Ave.
Santa Barbara, CA 93105

Please print yourself a set of directions if you need to, using an online directions/map service, such as http://maps.yahoo.com/dd

Directions to Bimmerfest from Balboa Park:
1. Hop onto the US-101 North
2. Exit Hope Ave. towards La Cumbre Rd.
3. Continue on S. Hope Ave.
4. Jesus, look at all the cars in front of you. YOU'RE THERE!!!~!1
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top