BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone, first off I apologize if this topic has been covered multiple times. It's my first ever BMW and do not know much about these V8 motors yet.

1. Wish to go with Carbahn mainly because of matching warranty. Even I got used, I still have remaining factory warranty, so I'd assume Carbahn would honor any repair if happens. Anyone ever dealt with Carbahn warranty? Wish to know real world experience.

2. General thoughts on tuning (piggyback) these engines? I have been always vette guy and those motors could run 800 whp all day with proper mods. How are these? Carbahn 93 tune gets about 637/717 flywheel, wondering if its above the limit of the engine.

3. Overall reputations of Carbahn? All I know is the owner founded Dinan.... Would be great if I can get some feedbacks.

Thank you !!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thank you everyone for the post! I have added optional warranty for peace of mind.

I can't wait to get it installed! Contacted local GA Dealer and I guess they are purchasing the controller for me, made an appointment with them for 8/29.

BTW with increased HP and TQ does it require specific oil weight? Been using genuine BMW 0W30

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got the Carbahn performance controller installed for my 2021 M550i today!!!

Downloaded the tuning pro app and got the controller connected but the stock and 93 tune dosent make a difference at all....??????

I am not sure what could have gone wrong but i am honestly not impressed at all. May need to speak with Carbahn and dealer but something seems off. Feels like the tune is not on my car

1 - 3 of 3 Posts