BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm new to this search for an M5, and I have a question.

I saw a nice Carbon Black 2003 with only 17,xxx miles yesterday. The question is, why does carbon black look like really dark blue? I want a black one, but I may settle for this carbon black b/c the miles are so low.

·
Hated by hater haters
1,652 Posts
KWP said:
I'm new to this search for an M5, and I have have question.

I saw a nice Carbon Black 2003 with only 17,xxx miles yesterday. The question is, why does carbon black look like really dark blue? I want a black one, but I may settle for this carbon black b/c the miles are so low.
Carbon Black has a lot of blue. It's an awsome and unique color. I love it.

Think of carbon paper. Is it black? Is it blue? Hard to say, it depends on the light.

What color is the interior. The nicest M5 I ever saw was Carbon Black/Caramel. Looked stunning.

·
Elected by grace
1,945 Posts
KWP said:
I'm new to this search for an M5, and I have have question.

CB is a quintessential M color, whereas you can get JB on any garden variety Bimmer. Yeah, JB when clean (which is seldom) ROCKS, but IMO if you're going M, why not get an M color? :dunno:

·
Registered
5 Posts
carbon black

that car is very nice i got a 2000 m5 that is carbon black the color is great its like a 2 in 1 black at night and dark blue in the sunlight its very rare and many people compliment on it i have pitures let me know if u want me to post some... but like the previous post said its just like carbon paper.... u never really know if its blue or black

·
LoneStarM3
244 Posts
jeshie7 said:
that car is very nice i got a 2000 m5 that is carbon black the color is great its like a 2 in 1 black at night and dark blue in the sunlight its very rare and many people compliment on it i have pitures let me know if u want me to post some... but like the previous post said its just like carbon paper.... u never really know if its blue or black
I have a Carbon Black/Cinnamon on order, and would appreciate it very much if you would post your photos!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts