BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally ordered the CF Interior Trim to replace the wood trim in my car. I should have it by the end of the week. I will be replacing 6 of the 8 trim pieces. I figured I'd leave the rear wood pieces in since they are more leather than wood. Once the interior is in I'll post some pics of them.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the original wood trim. It's only seven weeks old.

Here are the pics of what the trim will look like (they are from the guy that I ordered them through):

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Ackster said:
Nate -

I'm not positive yet. I'll weigh the pieces (wood vs. CF) once I get them and post the results.

When the wood trim was out for the audio install, I noticed the wood trim is pretty heavy. It has a metal backing (steel?) and was pretty solid.
I thought it was plastic :dunno:

I've seen the trim off, it is a little heavy...

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Ackster said:
Well I finally ordered the CF Interior Trim to replace the wood trim in my car. I should have it by the end of the week. I will be replacing 6 of the 8 trim pieces. I figured I'd leave the rear wood pieces in since they are more leather than wood. Once the interior is in I'll post some pics of them.

Since you obviously are willing to invest/spend a lot on you car, I am :confused: as to why you would not just go ahead and replace the rear to pieces as well. IMO a more uniform look would be best:dunno:

It's your car but just my $.02:)

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Good points guys. :)

My decision is based more on my own ability to install rather than the look of the rear wood pieces. I heard from people who have done the install that removing the rear quarter panels is a real pain in the a$$. I was more worried about messing up the install in the rear and breaking the pieces/trim, etc.. :(

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Ackster said:
Good points guys. :)

My decision is based more on my own ability to install rather than the look of the rear wood pieces. I heard from people who have done the install that removing the rear quarter panels is a real pain in the a$$. I was more worried about messing up the install in the rear. :(
You can't mis-match trim!

Do the rear :p

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nate328Ci said:

You can't mis-match trim!

Do the rear :p
Allright, allright you guys talked me into this. :D

Worse comes to worse, I'll have the guy who did my audio install put them in. He owes me some free work anyway. :rolleyes:

Nate, I'm holding you personally responsible for any damage trying to get these in! :p

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
in_d_haus said:
Pretty cool... How much (if ya don't mind saying)
$765 including shipping. I figured I could sell my wood trim and get a some money to help reduce the costs.

This price was the cheapest I could find. I have seen CF trim go for almost $1,600. :yikes: Then again, this is for the AC Schnitzer trim. Evosport has it for $1,200 so I feel I got a good deal on it.

Edit: I didn't realize the wood trim is actually over $1k from Circle BMW. So this is def. not a bad deal. Now I think I want to sell the wood trim.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
nate328Ci said:

I'm not driving a baby puke green automatic wagon though :dunno:

:flipoff:
I remember seeing your car a little green with pollen.:flipoff:

And at least I have sport seats and 17" wheels:D

Oh and if you think this is pukey then you better get to the eye doctor......:tsk:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts