BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2016 435i coupe mineral grey and I'm not sure if I should add the carbon fibre diffuser to it or just the normal black m performance diffuser. I am also looking to do the rear spoiler too and have to choose between black m sport or carbon fibre for the spoiler as well

What do you guys think? The car is mineral grey btw

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
You going to change the mirror caps too? I think the carbon fiber adds a little more pop than the matt black against mineral grey. If I was just doing the spoiler and diffuser though, I think I would get matte black.. unless I was doing mirror caps, and possibly front lip. If I was doing all that, then I think I would do carbon fiber as it would add more interest in the look.

·
2020 Z4 M40i
4,601 Posts
I got a 2016 435i coupe mineral grey and I'm not sure if I should add the carbon fibre diffuser to it or just the normal black m performance diffuser. I am also looking to do the rear spoiler too and have to choose between black m sport or carbon fibre for the spoiler as well

What do you guys think? The car is mineral grey btw
Get black & have the surround sprayed to match the car. Left mine satin black because the car is black.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm this is a dillema now I like black but I think carbon will look better and people usually make a bigger deal about a car having carbon fibre

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I'm going to go with carbon fibre and I'll probably do mirror caps later! Not the front lip tho I don't like the look of it. I just want everyone's opinions because what if mineral grey and carbon fibre doesn't look good, or what if black and mineral grey looks way better. That's why I'm in a dillema

·
Registered
279 Posts
I think I'm going to go with carbon fibre and I'll probably do mirror caps later! Not the front lip tho I don't like the look of it. I just want everyone's opinions because what if mineral grey and carbon fibre doesn't look good, or what if black and mineral grey looks way better. That's why I'm in a dillema
here is mine
no carbon fiber but OEM M Performance rear diffuser custom paint to match the car

non carbon fiber front lip - this is a lip from Light Weight the company is base in germany

the only CB I have are mirror cap from Autoteknic

Here is the think with CB it real nice but once you get any rock chip you will notice the wear and tear and it's not repairable. for a daily driver I would not get a CB

good luck

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the reply! The only item that would get rock chips would be the diffuser right? But you mean if I do get a rock chip or damage then I have to replace the item right? I can't fill it in like how I could fill in a black diffusers
Thanks

·
Registered
279 Posts
Thanks for the reply! The only item that would get rock chips would be the diffuser right? But you mean if I do get a rock chip or damage then I have to replace the item right? I can't fill it in like how I could fill in a black diffusers
Thanks
correct - i have a rock clip on my left mirror and will need to replace it. any CB is real nice but not for a daily driver

·
Registered
468 Posts
Few things to consider...

I agree with OP; matching carbon fiber in the front and back will look best. I actually think side skirt extensions are a must in this case too, otherwise you only see the one piece of carbon in the front or back from any angle. However, if your car is low or if you're the type of driver that tends to scrape the front lip for whatever reason, than carbon fiber can be a NIGHTMARE. It looks really nasty when it becomes damaged and it's much more expensive to replace.

Alternatively I like the dark grey satin plastic look if you happen to have the same dark grey plastic window sills. It also matches the underside of the mirrors and other details in the front bumper, etc. I have a really low set up so I went for the satin plastic lip and diffuser, and I don't cry when I hear it run. I also and have wheels with a satin finish so for me the plastic looks cohesive. You can also paint the plastic one gloss black and that looks really nice, especially on a black car, or if you have the gloss black window sills.

You can peep my build thread for more info. There is a pic of the msport lip in the last post.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=915596&page=8

Good luck picking -- look forward to seein pics!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts