BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow...

Be careful when letting potential buyers drive your for-sale car.

This literally happened blocks away from my house, and I live in a 'low risk' area.

carjacked

·
Here since day one
7,187 Posts
That was a bad story with a good ending . . . I know it's crazy but when I tried to sell my last car privately, I would not give the only person who called to see it directions to my home. Instead I met them at a busy parking lot and let them drive it there.

In this story this person was smart enough to meet them in a public place and still something this crazy happened . . .

Like they say . . . you never know !!

I remember when I had a 93 325is and I had a very nice couple come by my office to take a look at it and I let them take it out by themselves . . . everything turned out ok but I would never do that today.

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's a HUGE parking lot (Tustin IKEA for those who have a general idea) with a LOT of people and activity, too. I've shown forsale car parts there, picked up my RD sways there, and at least one friend checked out a E34M5 there.

Scary.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.