Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my CEL came on a few days ago and vs taking the car to Autozone or a dealer I decided to buy Carista on Amazon. Plugged it in and the following codes appeared on my car.

P2187 - System Too Lean at Idle Bank 1
P2189 - System Too Lean at Idle Bank 2
9C54 - IHKA: AUC Sensor

1. What is the resoultion to the codes above?
2. Is Carista legit?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Did a little research and looks as if low battery volts could be an issue - I have been getting INCREASED BAT DISCHARGE the last couple days - could that be the root cause for the 187 and 189 codes above? If so - looks as if someone needs to go for a long drive this weekend.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Did a little research and looks as if low battery volts could be an issue - I have been getting INCREASED BAT DISCHARGE the last couple days - could that be the root cause for the 187 and 189 codes above? If so - looks as if someone needs to go for a long drive this weekend.
Not really. Low battery may create weak spark and create rich condition rather than lean condition. Lean condition usually means too much air in air/fuel ratio. I would first look at possible vacuum leaks. AUC sensor code is due to faulty AUC sensor located on the passenger side in the gutter under the hood.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts