BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing a Parrot MKi9000 in my E46 2000. Got the unit and the conversion cable. But during installing I cant get it to work. I get the radio out and disconnect the cable. Unplug the little white cable from the connector. Install that little white cable in my conversion cable and put the conversion cable between the original cable and the radio. And then nothing. There seems to be no power or anything to the radio.
The radio already should work when nothing else is connected to the conversion cable, right?

The thing is I have a conversion cable that says BMW >03 on the cover, but they didn't have anything else at my car dealer and it has the 17 pins, just as my radio. I don't know the brand (not Kram), I'll look it up when I am home. But If the cable fits, it should work right? Because the cables are 1-on-1 rerouted.

my equipment
- Blaupunkt CD/Radio (CD53?)
- Conversion cable (I'll lookup the details when I get home)

What could be wrong?

my radio (CD53 right?)

the original cable

Connection on the radio

Conversion cable installed between radio and original cable

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hmmz, I didn't connect the other connectors directly, which made only 4 or 5 wires connect. Now I also plugged them in and it works!! Everything seems to work. The only thing now is getting all the cables behind the radio. There is so little space! I removed my glovebox, but the passage to there is also very small.

·
Living Life At The Beach
3,809 Posts
Glad you got it working! I use a Parrot Minikit in my car (visor mount) and I love it. I didn't want to tear everything apart for the few times I use it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts