BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
9,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a Griots guy, and all these years I've been using Griots Best Of Show liquid carnauba-based wax. As others can attest to and has been written about extensively in this forum, it is a biotch to work with. Very hard to remove. When done right, it produces a very nice finish; however, the effort to get there is very frustrating.

I've had a can of Griots carnauba paste wax sitting in my garage for probably a year and a half now, always with the intention of trying it out. It is supposed to be their "best" stuff -- highest carnauba content possible in a wax product (their claim).

Anyway, at Keith's detailing day saturday I decided to give it a try finally. Good Gravy, what a difference! Stuff goes on like butter, covers easily and well. Just a very thin coat will do. Let it set up for 10-15 minutes, and then -- here's the good part -- effortlessly buffed off with a microfiber bonnet on my PC! The same step with the BOS would get about 80% of it, and then I'd have to work myself into a brow-dripping sweat to get the rest off. THEN, I'd have to work work work to get a good, clean shine with no swirls/streaks/etc.

The carnauba paste was totally different. Buffed off easily, to a really wet wet shine, no swirls or other imperfections in the finish. It was pure joy.

Put three coats on the hood an trunk, and they look fabulous. Now I just need to get the sides done.

Here's the stuff. Ounce for ounce, 2x the cost of BoS:

·
In Driving Heaven
2,772 Posts
So you finally used that stuff. I was wondering when you would. All right, the real question is, how long will the paste last compared to the BOS? Although, considering how easily you say the paste went on and came off, it might even be worth it if it didn't last as long. I guess we will get a look at Keith's car later in the month to see how it's holding up.

·
TMS
9,288 Posts
Spectre said:
So you finally used that stuff. I was wondering when. All right, the real question is, how long will the paste last compared to the BOS? All though, considering how easily you say the paste went on and came off, it might even be worth it if it didn't last as long. I guess will get a look at Keith's car later in the month to see how it's holding up.
Keith used Klasse on his car, so you'd better check Dave's CAR, Peter.

:lmao:

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
RKT BMR said:
I'm a Griots guy, and all these years I've been using Griots Best Of Show liquid carnauba-based wax. As others can attest to and has been written about extensively in this forum, it is a biotch to work with. Very hard to remove. When done right, it produces a very nice finish; however, the effort to get there is very frustrating.

I've had a can of Griots carnauba paste wax sitting in my garage for probably a year and a half now, always with the intention of trying it out. It is supposed to be their "best" stuff -- highest carnauba content possible in a wax product (their claim).

Anyway, at Keith's detailing day saturday I decided to give it a try finally. Good Gravy, what a difference! Stuff goes on like butter, covers easily and well. Just a very thin coat will do. Let it set up for 10-15 minutes, and then -- here's the good part -- effortlessly buffed off with a microfiber bonnet on my PC! The same step with the BOS would get about 80% of it, and then I'd have to work myself into a brow-dripping sweat to get the rest off. THEN, I'd have to work work work to get a good, clean shine with no swirls/streaks/etc.

The carnauba paste was totally different. Buffed off easily, to a really wet wet shine, no swirls or other imperfections in the finish. It was pure joy.

Put three coats on the hood an trunk, and they look fabulous. Now I just need to get the sides done.

Here's the stuff. Ounce for ounce, 2x the cost of BoS:

If you think thats great stuff,try P21S,Just ordered my 2nd can last night.
cheers
vern

·
In Driving Heaven
2,772 Posts
Cliff3 said:
Keith used Klasse on his car, so you'd better check Dave's, Peter.
Yeah, sure wouldn't get those two confused. :D

·
In Driving Heaven
2,772 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts