BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am hoping someone could help me with this issue since the bmw phone number was of no help.
I have a 2017 530i xdrive. Out of nowhere the CarPlay function stopped working in my car. I paid for ConnectedDrive and it’s active until September. I’ve tried connecting and disconnecting my phone through the Bluetooth several times but CarPlay doesn’t work. I know the Bluetooth it’s working in some capacity since I can speak through the phone during a phone call but it’s not through CarPlay.
Another thing I noticed is that the navigation doesn’t load. it just says it’s loading but never does. My weather app is not there anymore either. I also tried pressing the sos button but that didn’t work.
When I called bmw they had me reboot the system by holding down the volume knob for 70 seconds, then going to ConnectedDrive, press on options and try to hit update bmw assist. However the update bmw assist is greyed out. I turned off the Bluetooth on both my phone and the car and turned off the wifi and it was still greyed out.
Has anyone dealt with this before and were you able to resolve it.
Thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
IIRC, ConnectedDrive was going to be down for a bit, but I think it's working again. From the issues you describe, seems like the problem is with your car. If BMW can't help you resolve it remotely, you may need to take it to a dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for replying. That’s what they told me when I called them. We tried doing a reset but the update bmw assist was still greyed out. I thought my car was affected by the discontinuation of 3g but they said it’s not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts