Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 402 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2018 x1 and was told I could add Apple Car Play through BMW Connected by dealer for $300. The option doesn?t exist for me in BMW Connected. BMW Genius now says it needs to be ordered with the car to have the option. Is there any way to retrofit this? I have Navigation Plus on the car? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
39,471 Posts
I just bought a 2018 x1 and was told I could add Apple Car Play through BMW Connected by dealer for $300. The option doesn?t exist for me in BMW Connected. BMW Genius now says it needs to be ordered with the car to have the option. Is there any way to retrofit this? I have Navigation Plus on the car? Thanks!
I cannot reply to your PM:

"hdsmitty has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

Please enable PM Receive function.

·
Premium Member
39,471 Posts

·
Premium Member
39,471 Posts
Hello shawn, is it possible to activate carplay on hu-entrynav (6UP)? thank you
There is no way that I know to get a 143 CarPlay FSC Code for ENTRYNAV or ENTRYNAV2.

·
Premium Member
39,471 Posts
Carplay is an option on the 2018 X1 and as far as I know, it still has the 6UP head unit. Same for the X2.
I was not saying it is not possible from factory to get CarPlay via Provisioning. The issue is activating CarPlay after the fact, and there is no way as of now to get the needed 143 FSC Code for ENTRYNAV or ENTRYNAV2 Head Unit.

·
Premium Member
39,471 Posts
Hi shawnsheridan, I'm having a same issue as hdsmitty... Is there a solution for it? I really like to add Apple Carplay on my car...
Not possible, at least not yet. Currently CarPlay only possible on NBT2 EVO, and F48 is not available with this Head Unit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I believe I have NBT2 EVO as I have a premium package. I asked BMW and they told me as below.

Dear Customer,

Vehicles that comes with an active CarPlay from factory have code 6CP embedded.

Vehicles that are eligible to purchase CarPlay after factory must have 609 (Professional navigation), 6AK (ConnectedDrive services) and one option code below:

6NS, 6NW, 6NP, 6U9 or 6FR.

Your vehicle has 609, 6AK codes. However, none of the other options required.

·
Premium Member
39,471 Posts
I believe I have NBT2 EVO as I have a premium package. I asked BMW and they told me as below.

Dear Customer,

Vehicles that comes with an active CarPlay from factory have code 6CP embedded.

Vehicles that are eligible to purchase CarPlay after factory must have 609 (Professional navigation), 6AK (ConnectedDrive services) and one option code below:

6NS, 6NW, 6NP, 6U9 or 6FR.

Your vehicle has 609, 6AK codes. However, none of the other options required.
Your car has 6UP Navigation Plus, which is ENTRYNAV2 Head Unit, not NBT2 EVO Head Unit, which as of now, CarPlay beyond factory order is not possible.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi all,
I have a question... i’ve a X1 xline 2.0da xdrive (2018) with pro navigation 6UP and connecteddrive 6AK. For CarPlay, it missing 6NS. it is possible to activate 6NS officially in a dealership BMW?

Thanks !

·
Premium Member
39,471 Posts
Hi all,
I have a question... i’ve a X1 xline 2.0da xdrive (2018) with pro navigation 6UP and connecteddrive 6AK. For CarPlay, it missing 6NS. it is possible to activate 6NS officially in a dealership BMW?

Thanks !
6UP is ENTRYNAV Head Unit. 6NS Coding shoudl work for it.

·
Premium Member
39,471 Posts
And after can i get CarPlay on connecteddrive ? (6UP + 6AK + 6NS). Someone have already do it?
Does BMW are ok for activate officially an option like 6NS?

Thanks
I don't understand what you ask, but I will say 6NS has no affect on CarPlay / Connected Drive Services.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sorry for my english....:rofl:
It is possible to activate the 6ns option in a «*BMW workshop*» and after they update the VIN?

·
Premium Member
39,471 Posts
Sorry for my english....:rofl:
It is possible to activate the 6ns option in a «*BMW workshop*» and after they update the VIN?
6NS Coding does not care what Car / Head Unit VIN is.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Can i retrofit my entrynav to a nbt evo (with CarPlay, enhanced bluetooth, rtti etc...).
What i need to change? can i keep my touchscreen 8.8 (6UP) and my touch controller? (just change the entrynav to a nbt evo?)

about the previous maintenance check information recorded in the entrynav... possible to transfert it in the new nbt evo?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
39,471 Posts
Can i retrofit my entrynav to a nbt evo (with CarPlay, enhanced bluetooth, rtti etc...).
What i need to change? can i keep my touchscreen 8.8 (6UP) and my touch controller? (just change the entrynav to a nbt evo?)

about the previous maintenance check information recorded in the entrynav... possible to transfert it in the new nbt evo?

Thanks
Yes, you can. I cannot advise on hardware specifics though. Car needs to have ATM module though to keep all Telematic functions such as RTTI.

1 - 20 of 402 Posts