BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
I think you need the full VIN not just the last 7 digits. Mine is not on a ship yet so I am not 100% sure but I think thats the case.

·
Freude am Fahren
19,697 Posts

·
Freude am Fahren
19,697 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I was not sure of the port of galveston was an entry port.

from the port of galveston website:
The Port is located on the upper Texas coast at the mouth of beautiful Galveston Bay, just 30 minutes steaming time from the open sea. This ideal location boasts facilities to handle all types of cargo including Containers, Dry and Liquid Bulk, Breakbulk, RO/RO, Refrigerated and Project Cargoes and Cruise Passengers.

PIER 34 ROLL-ON, ROLL-OFF CARGO TERMINAL
Operator: Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics
***8226; Water depth of 38***8217;
***8226; 44,530 sq. ft. warehouse space
***8226; Truck and rail served

·
Registered
332 Posts
NYK Lines

NYK Lines to Port Hueneme. BMW West Coast VPC in OXnard about a 1 mile drive form the port.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Colorado Shippin

If you ever learn which port, would you let me know? Mine rolls off the production line tomorrow 16 May. I expect it around mid-June in Colorado. Good luck!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I spoke to my SA today and he told me it is west coast. i will hopefully know which boat my car is on in a couple of days.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered mine through Gebhardt, finished production yesterday and is waiting to get loaded onto the boat. Customer service at BMW told me it was headed to Cali. He said it'll spend 21 days on the water... :cry: damn this waiting SUCKS!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I ordered mine through Gebhardt, finished production yesterday and is waiting to get loaded onto the boat. Customer service at BMW told me it was headed to Cali. He said it'll spend 21 days on the water... :cry: damn this waiting SUCKS!
got mine from Murray. The next NYK boat bound for CA leaves bremerhaven on May 19. I think the journey is expected to be ~24 days. Give it another week or so to get to CO (prep time at the port) and then it just depends on how fast your dealer can get the car ready. If all goes well, we will both be driving our new cars around mid-June.

·
Freude am Fahren
19,697 Posts
I spoke to my SA today and he told me it is west coast. i will hopefully know which boat my car is on in a couple of days.
It is west coast but why ask your service advisor about this? :dunno: I would ask the salesperson these types of questions, no?

·
Freude am Fahren
19,697 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
NYK is hard to track online.. i'm on the global leader vessel and i have not figured out how to track it. My sales advisor gave me the info and it is expected around June 4th but I'm having the hardest time finding it...waiting is not fun...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts