Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hell, my ccc unit is shot. I'm going to replace it with a used unit from another car. Can anyone tell me what I must do to get ii=t to work and what programming needs to be done and what programming tool can be used. Also, what updates need to be done to bring the unit to current. Is there anyone that does this for a charge I don't mind paying.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
See the e90post coding and idrive subforums.
but basically default (VO code it ) to the settings
in your cars VO. (VO is a copy or your cars base
settings from the factory , unless you have added suff
to it. Stored in the FRM and CAS modules. Two places
for redundancy.
CCC ended in 09

You could upgrade to a CIC or NBT that would require
some more exotic programming.(and hardware)
NBT evo has built in streaming buetooth.

https://www.bimmer-tech.net/blog/item/54-bmw-cic-nbt-nbtevo

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
protool

Hello, Are you saying I can purchase a used unit and program everything with protocol. Please tell me just how this is done and does a charger have to be put on the car when doing this. please, can you explain the stepsto program if you know or anyone who reads this . Thanks

·
BMW Master Wannabe
438 Posts
Hello, Are you saying I can purchase a used unit and program everything with protocol. Please tell me just how this is done and does a charger have to be put on the car when doing this. please, can you explain the stepsto program if you know or anyone who reads this . Thanks
You can send your bad CCC unit to a guy in Texas that rebuilds them. I sent my water soaked AMP in and he repaired it and sent back a few days after receiving it. He has rebuilt ones for sale and will likely buy your bad unit to offset cost somewhat. He will even code the CCC unit for your VIN so it is plug and play. He also can sell you a CIC upgrade kit but that is more involved. Not really hard to do though.

bmwlogicseven dot com. Look him up and email him. He is a legitimate repair guy for these radios and others.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8504F using Bimmerfest mobile app

1 - 8 of 8 Posts