BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think of them, they seem to be pretty good to me. I was thinking of buying some, and they are much cheaper then the ones umnitza sells, fill me in guys...

·
1.888.JLEVISW
3,247 Posts
The only problem with Ebay generic version CCFL angel eyes are that they are not a complete kit. They do not include a fused wiring harness with built in remote kit and all the accessories necessary for a complete installation. Nor do they come with a full lifetime warranty, email and phone support, a full installation guide, patented designed rings with chrome backings and specifically designed clips etc...

Sure the Predator Chromiums are a bit more expensive, but IMO it's worth the extra price to get a nice quality kit that includes everything you need.

We do have these on our website and in stock and ready to ship. Feel free to order online, call in (1.888.JLEVISW) or email us with any questions ([email protected]).

http://jlevistreetwerks.com/store/p...d=183&osCsid=16439a95347df6ccafb8bd96d766b446

·
@S54Dan
119 Posts
The only problem with Ebay generic version CCFL angel eyes are that they are not a complete kit. They do not include a fused wiring harness with built in remote kit and all the accessories necessary for a complete installation. Nor do they come with a full lifetime warranty, email and phone support, a full installation guide, patented designed rings with chrome backings and specifically designed clips etc...

Sure the Predator Chromiums are a bit more expensive, but IMO it's worth the extra price to get a nice quality kit that includes everything you need.

We do have these on our website and in stock and ready to ship. Feel free to order online, call in (1.888.JLEVISW) or email us with any questions ([email protected]).

http://jlevistreetwerks.com/store/p...d=183&osCsid=16439a95347df6ccafb8bd96d766b446
The man speaks the truth. Also on the "CCFL Angel Eyes" that you see on eBay, are complete crap. I bought a pair and regretted it ever since, they are off now. Why? They leave a noticeable gap that the Predator Croms do not. I suggest giving Jlevi the order, since he responded to you first. Jlevi and Umnitza offer the same price on Predator Chromiums.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Do they have them for a 2004 325Ci? Facelifted the front headlight is all one piece.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is installation pretty tough for the predator chroms, i am not super mechanically or electronically inclined but my bro inlaw is, should he be able to install them?

·
Ubergeek
15,646 Posts
Cucinella_1 said:
Is installation pretty tough for the predator chroms, i am not super mechanically or electronically inclined but my bro inlaw is, should he be able to install them?
Certainly with his help. I bought some black wire loom to make it look nice and tidy:

·
Ubergeek
15,646 Posts
Cucinella_1 said:
Thanks, looks complicated, how do you put them inside the lights? Do the light assemblies come apart?
Yes, the lights all clip apart, the the angel eyes simply clip to the top inside of the headlights.

You run the wires through a rubber boot on the back of your lights.

·
1.888.JLEVISW
3,247 Posts
Cucinella_1 said:
Thanks, looks complicated, how do you put them inside the lights? Do the light assemblies come apart?
All of our kits come with a full installation guide and email/phone support should you need any assistance.

These kits are designed with the DIY in mind so you really should not have any issues with household tools.

·
Registered
523 Posts
This works if you have the factory HID's? Thanks for the info, I'm really looking into it. I had heard that you couldn't take apart the headlight, so I wasn't sure if it could be done.
I was reading this and it kind of stumped me.
Predator Chromium BMW Angel Eyes Benefits:
Updated Look
Allows you to clear or black out your turn signal at the same time(In regards to this, I have the amber turn signals, is there a way to make them clear?)
Can be wired as DRL (daytime running lights)
Significant improvement in visual appeal of car

·
1.888.JLEVISW
3,247 Posts
mikevaquez said:
This works if you have the factory HID's? Thanks for the info, I'm really looking into it. I had heard that you couldn't take apart the headlight, so I wasn't sure if it could be done.
I was reading this and it kind of stumped me.
Predator Chromium BMW Angel Eyes Benefits:
Updated Look
Allows you to clear or black out your turn signal at the same time(In regards to this, I have the amber turn signals, is there a way to make them clear?)
Can be wired as DRL (daytime running lights)
Significant improvement in visual appeal of car
Yep when you have the headlights open, you can just pop out the amber reflector and voila...clear lights :) That's what was done to the headlights in that picture.

The angel eyes will be wired so they fade on when you unlock the car with your factory key fob, stay on whenever the car is on, and fade off when you lock the car with your factory key fob.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Yep when you have the headlights open, you can just pop out the amber reflector and voila...clear lights :) That's what was done to the headlights in that picture.

The angel eyes will be wired so they fade on when you unlock the car with your factory key fob, stay on whenever the car is on, and fade off when you lock the car with your factory key fob.
Hey thanks for the info. I will be ordering these. I have one last question, do you know if this will void my warrenty?

·
Ubergeek
15,646 Posts
mikevaquez said:
Hey thanks for the info. I will be ordering these. I have one last question, do you know if this will void my warrenty?
It's illegal for something you install to void your entire car's warranty. It has been since the Magnusson-Moss act of 1974.

The dealer CAN deny a warranty claim if they can show that a part you installed or a modification you performed caused the failure in question.

·
Registered
523 Posts
KrisL said:
It's illegal for something you install to void your entire car's warranty. It has been since the Magnusson-Moss act of 1974.

The dealer CAN deny a warranty claim if they can show that a part you installed or a modification you performed caused the failure in question.
Thanks for the input. Looks like i'm going to be taken apart my headlights. I will post pics as soon as I get this done. Might take me a wee or 2 since I have to request a day off just to commit to this little project. :banana: can't wait to do this!

·
Registered
107 Posts
mikevaquez said:
Thanks for the input. Looks like i'm going to be taken apart my headlights. I will post pics as soon as I get this done. Might take me a wee or 2 since I have to request a day off just to commit to this little project. :banana: can't wait to do this!
It's not too hard. It took me about 5 hours and I am not mechanically inclined at all. Baking the headlights is one of the easiest steps...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.