BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

ccfl angel eyes??

1686 14
i have a 1994 325i sedan and i was wondering where to buy angel eye head lights on the internet and what new bulbs i would have to get with them
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
DDMtuning.com Everything you need! very cheap and good quality
Or Umnitza, check them out as well
i have a 1994 325i sedan and i was wondering where to buy angel eye head lights on the internet and what new bulbs i would have to get with them
Or Umnitza, check them out as well
+1
If you get DEPO lenses, you'll need H1s for high and low beam. I put PIAA XtremeWhites in both of my cars - high, low and fog.

DDMtuning.com Everything you need! very cheap and good quality
'Cheap' and 'good quality' in the same sentence...:confused:
Maybe he meant inexpensive and decent quality?

Cheap has the connotation of being manufactured in a thrifty-corner cutting way. Inexpensive just means it has a comparatively lower price.

A fake Rolex is cheap
A used Rolex is inexpensive
I see your point and I understand where he was going, but I'm a member of the "you get what you pay for" mentality. While nice things don't all have to be expensive, per se, I don't think quality can come at a low price, unless there's an exception (sale, used, etc). Headlights for $110.00 and $125.00? Somethin's up...
Depos are cheap headlights. They do cut corners, yes. The lens quality for the projectors isn't as good as Bosch or Hella. The adjusters are crap. The plastic is flimsy. BUT, they're a killer price, and they'll work. The projector lights (esp with HIDs) will still be magnitudes better than your stock headlights, though not as good. If you're careful with the adjusters, it'll be OK. The plastic should easily last you the life of the product. For being 20% of the price, it's well worth it, IMO.

DDM sells the same DEPOs as Umnitza. Why pay more to get it from them?
I'll second that the adjusters are horrible and the plastic is flimsy and brittle. Two things to be aware of if you're going to install angel eyes yourself, or aim the headlights.
alright thanks everyone! im looking at the depo's.. I'll have to buy new clear corner lights too won't I?
You don't "need" to for them to fit, but you should, because they look so much better. :thumbup:
+1

Be careful with aftermarket ccfl angel eyes, mine use H1 bulbs in the projectors and if you dont get them in correctly and lined up with the notch ( seriously be careful) the bulb will be offset in the projector and will create a beam of light hot enough that it will melt the plastic cover in front of it... ( dont ask me how i know this) :eeps: at least i caught it before it did any real damage but when i held my hand in front of the plastic it felt like a magnifying glass on a hot summer day... :rofl: also one of my ballasts for the ccfl's has gone out after 6 months of constant use so now im having to order a new one.
Depos are cheap headlights. They do cut corners, yes. The lens quality for the projectors isn't as good as Bosch or Hella. The adjusters are crap. The plastic is flimsy. BUT, they're a killer price, and they'll work. The projector lights (esp with HIDs) will still be magnitudes better than your stock headlights, though not as good. If you're careful with the adjusters, it'll be OK. The plastic should easily last you the life of the product. For being 20% of the price, it's well worth it, IMO.

DDM sells the same DEPOs as Umnitza. Why pay more to get it from them?
Not to be rude, but looking at your headlights, I can see why. The traditional CCFLs we buy from the known vendors are a good distance from the projectors and won't get in this situation. Also, 6 months is absurd. Most of the CCFL rings and ballasts from known vendors are rated at 20,000+ hours.
+1

Be careful with aftermarket ccfl angel eyes, mine use H1 bulbs in the projectors and if you dont get them in correctly and lined up with the notch ( seriously be careful) the bulb will be offset in the projector and will create a beam of light hot enough that it will melt the plastic cover in front of it... ( dont ask me how i know this) :eeps: at least i caught it before it did any real damage but when i held my hand in front of the plastic it felt like a magnifying glass on a hot summer day... :rofl: also one of my ballasts for the ccfl's has gone out after 6 months of constant use so now im having to order a new one.
it wasnt the ccfl's that were at a risk from the bulb not seated correctly, but the actual plastic housing of the headlight directly in front of the projectors..

found a place to get a new inverter for them, for about 5 bucks, so im ordering some tomorrow.
the inverter was what quit working..
Not to be rude, but looking at your headlights, I can see why. The traditional CCFLs we buy from the known vendors are a good distance from the projectors and won't get in this situation. Also, 6 months is absurd. Most of the CCFL rings and ballasts from known vendors are rated at 20,000+ hours.
No offense to custm, but from the looks of your sig, those headlights/AEs aren't from any reputable headlight/AE manufacturer I know of, which might be why you seem to be having some interesting problems.

EDIT: +1 to Chad. I took forever to post, and I guess he posted pretty much the same thing in that amount of time.
We offer the only Orion v2 based headlight with angel eyes kit.
The best product we offer for your car is the ZKW with Orion V2. While pricey, it's the best.

If you are on a budget, the DEPO with Orion V2 are a very good alternative. With Xenons, the package will run you $375 and the quality is unmatched.
Most parts are delivered within 2-5 days.

ZKWs

DEPO

They can be found on our site or call us and ask for Tim.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.