BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there such a thing? That would allow you to keep the cd changer and still install devices that are intended to replace it and interface with your stock system? A switch to allow you to select which device to use between multiple devices on your cd changer harness? (This would be for E39's that have the tape deck and are pre whatever year does not require the CD to be lost for aditional devices to be added).

·
VA makes me miss WA
1,779 Posts
Not that ive heard of. But tape decks and busniness cd are in dash anyway so you could use other devices with the cd pre wires and keep your tape deck use. unless i totally misunderestimated your question.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes...Could do that but liked the idea of the stock display and controls working with the unit like with the Ipod or Satellite radio etc.

When the Dice or Aux is installed on the 2000 E39, from what I understand, you have to loose your CD player (unless Im wrong). I thought I read somewhere that someone was working on a switch device to allow it to stay but not sure if it was ever totally perfected or if there is a working one out there commercially or not.

·
Sandlapper Chapter
2,912 Posts
You can add the Sirius tuner with the CD changer...I had it that way in my X5 (same radio).

·
Sandlapper Chapter
2,912 Posts
BMW sells a special wire that connects the changer to the Sirius...same plugs and all.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is that for the BMW OEM Changer or the Alpine changer? It will not work with the Dice though will it? Any way to use the CD Changer with the Dice unit?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Is there such a thing? That would allow you to keep the cd changer and still install devices that are intended to replace it and interface with your stock system? A switch to allow you to select which device to use between multiple devices on your cd changer harness? (This would be for E39's that have the tape deck and are pre whatever year does not require the CD to be lost for aditional devices to be added).
You can buy a Blitzsafe adapter, they have several models and one of them allows you to keep the CD changer. It helps too if you have the 02-03 radio as the XM/Sirius and Aux are already built in

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BlitzSafe huh? Thanks, I will check that out. Mine is stock 2000 setup with no DSP. CD Changer in trink and tape deck in front.

·
european auto source
5,879 Posts
We made one that was used with the DICE kit. To be perfectly honest, most people left the device on iPod mode and forgot it was there, it was eventually discontinued.

The DICE kit will integrate the iPod and give you an additional AUX port for other devices:

DICE iPod Integration Kit for BMW
http://www.europeanautosource.com/product_info.php?products_id=268

1 - 12 of 12 Posts