BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else experienced a problem when ejecting CDs? Mine often makes it about half of the way out, then goes back in. You can hear the motor wirring. Any fix or TSB reference?

I have so many problems with my stereo (cliking in background, loud click often when turning it on, CDs advance when unit is off) that I feel I really have a lemon deck. I have asked BMW to replace it but they say it works fine.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Adrian 330Ci'01 said:
Has anyone else experienced a problem when ejecting CDs? Mine often makes it about half of the way out, then goes back in. You can hear the motor wirring. Any fix or TSB reference?

I have so many problems with my stereo (cliking in background, loud click often when turning it on, CDs advance when unit is off) that I feel I really have a lemon deck. I have asked BMW to replace it but they say it works fine.
Try doing an archive search on bimmer.org's E46 forum for this exact problem. There was a TSB out and it involves replacing NOT the CD player but the trim panel above the CD player. It appears the trim panel is pinching the CD player a little bit and it triggers the sensor that senses a jam and will not eject your CD. Some have suggested a "credit card" fix but since I don't own the indash, I have no idea how it works. My changer works just fine except sometimes CD with Stomper labels craps out.

·
Registered
10,697 Posts
yep-- this problem only applies to cars with wood trim. there's something about the wood trim panel which presses down on the cd player and prevents cd's from ejecting. The fix involves them filing down something.

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
yes, a fix for that is out...They actually supposed to fix your existing one..but when BMW rep came and fixed my HK, they actualy replaced mine with a 02 one..now ejects perfect. mine used to come out about half way and run and run and run, then suck back in :yikes: :thumbdwn:

·
3,440 Posts
CCs328Ci said:
yes, a fix for that is out...They actually supposed to fix your existing one..but when BMW rep came and fixed my HK, they actualy replaced mine with a 02 one..now ejects perfect. mine used to come out about half way and run and run and run, then suck back in :yikes: :thumbdwn:
Mine does the same thing. I rather have the wood trim piece fixed (trimmed) than have the radio replaced with a remaned. unit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.