BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so firstly, sorry if this has been answered before or in the wrong place?!
Righty I'm new to owning a BMW so my knowledge is very limited, I have read up on the cdv delete which seems to be a popular mod which is reasonably simple to do.
However, I've had mixed views from people that doing it on mine as its a 520i isn't really worth, just after a few opinions see what people think smile
Many thanks
Thepriest91

·
RIP #9
1,421 Posts
I have a 525i, and I performed a similar mod (modified CDV -- stock appearance but identical result).

It was like night and day. No more clunky starts, it's easier to anticipate, much more tractable. I stall far less, almost never. I think it would be worth it regardless of engine displacement. Plus, a true CDV delete is a 100% free mod :)

·
Registered
15,607 Posts
If not installing a gutted CDV, and merely attaching the line to the cylinder, be very careful threading it in. Due to the stiffness of the line, the fitting can be cross-threaded.

Some of the BMW parts suppliers offer gutted valves. https://www.zeckhausen.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=6562

·
Kinda officially welcomed
410 Posts
Definitely worth it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for your replies, I went ahead and did it, such a difference! Now it's a case of should I maybe look at getting a short shift kit? Or is that too far

1 - 7 of 7 Posts