BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· takes the long way home..
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, I'd forgotten what a difference getting rid of the CDV made on my 325. Finally had a nice day out, took about 45 min and I was done. What a difference! I had to unlearn holding the clutch pedal just before full engagement when going into 1st and 2nd. So much smoother now in the low gears. :thumbup: Perfect double-clutch rev matches and heel toeing, especially into 1st, are even easier. Today I chirped the tires going into 2nd :)

If you got a 6 speed to save a few bucks or you dont' really enjoy a manual gearbox, then the CDV removal isn't for you. But if you take pleasure in smooth seamless shifts, especially in the low gears, drop what you're doing and order this

$55 shipped - http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/shopcart/BE46/POR_BE46_clutch_pg4.htm#item26

· VIII
9,001 Posts
shizat63 said:
Wow, I'd forgotten what a difference getting rid of the CDV made on my 325. Finally had a nice day out, took about 45 min and I was done. What a difference! I had to unlearn holding the clutch pedal just before full engagement when going into 1st and 2nd. So much smoother now in the low gears. :thumbup: Perfect double-clutch rev matches and heel toeing, especially into 1st, are even easier. Today I chirped the tires going into 2nd :)

If you got a 6 speed to save a few bucks or you dont' really enjoy a manual gearbox, then the CDV removal isn't for you. But if you take pleasure in smooth seamless shifts, especially in the low gears, drop what you're doing and order this

$55 shipped - http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/shopcart/BE46/POR_BE46_clutch_pg4.htm#item26
Come on shizat63, no one gets the MT on a Bimmer to save money! :p

I was wondering when you were going to remove the CDV. I remember when you first got the car you said it didn't seem that bad, but that happened to me also. When I first got the 330 I didn't think the clutch was that bad, but as I got used to the car I started to notice the clutch had some wierd characteristics at times. With the CDV gone driving the car is second nature. The CDV practically forces you to make every single shift in a steady, methodical way because if you don't the shifts will feel jerky and not right. If you like to drive the car in a more spirited nature then the CDV has to go. I still don't understand why BMW would put these in the car. Is it really to reduce warranty claims?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.