BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a CEL light on for a while, and the code is listed in the picture as P0116, figured it may just be a faulty code, and reset it but it immediately comes back on. MY temperature gauge seems to be working ok.

Car runs and drives ok, has a slow leak from the power steering.

Car has a very hard time starting on a "cold start" does not matter if its morning or afternoon or what the temperature is outside but the first time i start the car it takes a couple of cranks and i give it some gas and it will turn on but after that it starts up normally throughout the day.

Any ideas on what is going on with my car? i tried looking threw the FAQ and common problems and i could not find anything the pertained to what i am experiencing. Where should i start diagnosing the problem?

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Dinggg....what now!
1,074 Posts
the temp sensor is a dual temp sensor...1 for the gauge and 1 for the ecu.the cct to the gauge may be ok but to the ecu may not.as the diag reader states....temp sensor is faulty...hence the reason you are not able to reset it.

the sensor may be sending the wrong input to the ecu...making for difficult start.

change the sensor and go from there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the temp sensor is a dual temp sensor...1 for the gauge and 1 for the ecu.the cct to the gauge may be ok but to the ecu may not.as the diag reader states....temp sensor is faulty...hence the reason you are not able to reset it.

the sensor may be sending the wrong input to the ecu...making for difficult start.

change the sensor and go from there.
Thanks for the input, will try replacing the sensor

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is 13 62 1 703 993 the proper part number?
This is what i could find on BAV Auto for $19.95 not sure if this is the part i need
Thanks.

Edit: i have a 1997 BMW 528i

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts