BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone by chance have a link for the celis amber tails? I have a 2000 540 with the amber signals and Xenon headlamps and I think they would really complement and update the look a bit. Only interested in the Hella brand, try to avoid crappy aftermarket Chinese stuff. Thanks to all in advance!!!!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
do you mean the clear lights? you already have the amber unless you have a facelift model.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you mean the clear lights? you already have the amber unless you have a facelift model.
Nope, but sorta. My 540 is a split model 3/00, so it has older look. I want the facelift celis tail lights, but want the turn signal area to be amber instead of white like the picture. I know they were offered pretty much everywhere short of NA. And because they came from factory like that, Hella must manufacture the lights I want. I am just having difficulty locating them

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
So you want the stock pre facelift tail lights?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
He wants amber Celis tails. I got a set from ebay for about 180 shipped. Genuine Hella led Celis lights too. Make sure they are Hella Celis and not some aftermarket led tail lights, can get confusing when looking. Look up my posts, I have a thread with pictures. I installed pre facelift xenons also on my 01 because I think they look better(also MUCH easier to service ie broken adjusters)

·
BMW forever
1,278 Posts
You will need adapters for the lights to work. Your old lights use12v power where the celies wones use 5volts or a used lcm and programing.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He wants amber Celis tails. I got a set from ebay for about 180 shipped. Genuine Hella led Celis lights too. Make sure they are Hella Celis and not some aftermarket led tail lights, can get confusing when looking. Look up my posts, I have a thread with pictures. I installed pre facelift xenons also on my 01 because I think they look better(also MUCH easier to service ie broken adjusters)
Awesome! Thanks for the info!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You will need adapters for the lights to work. Your old lights use12v power where the celies wones use 5volts or a used lcm and programing.
How'd you manage to step down the voltage? Can a resistor or something be wired in series in lieu of an adapter?

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
^Your LCM3 can be coded to power the taillights. I am just about to replace my 2000 //M5 taillights with the facelift Celis taillights. You might be in luck as I have all the necessary software for the coding and I'm local to you too.
The amber Celis are on some European and Australian E39s.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^Your LCM3 can be coded to power the taillights. I am just about to replace my 2000 //M5 taillights with the facelift Celis taillights. You might be in luck as I have all the necessary software for the coding and I'm local to you too.
The amber Celis are on some European and Australian E39s.
Send me a PM with what you've got and what you're looking to get for it. I'm just OTP in Vinings and can be downtown in about 15 mins.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts