BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking for one that will work with my Samsung Galaxy 6 edge plus. I see several for the Apple products but nothing for Androids. Is this feature worth the $$?

I have a 2011 750li. Yes, I know I need to fill out my signature..

·
Registered
832 Posts
I am looking for one that will work with my Samsung Galaxy 6 edge plus. I see several for the Apple products but nothing for Androids. Is this feature worth the $$?

I have a 2011 750li. Yes, I know I need to fill out my signature..
What are you trying to achieve with the adapter? just charge the phone? Android is not well supported for idrive integration.

I use an old iPhone with a data sim and use the BMW apps feature to stream music to the car (Deezer and Spotify integrate from the phone to the drive) this is not supported on the CIC with android to my knowledge.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the info. I have an old iPhone and it is charging now. I don't remember if it is a 4 or 5.. I just want to stream spotify and the like so that should work well. Are there any recommendations for a store to purchase the adapter from?

·
Registered
832 Posts
I bought my adapter for £30 GBP on eBay, I have a 2008 F01 and retrofitted the combox and the USB baseplate so the USB snap in adapter would work. You need to make sure you get the right adapter, the basic one will only charge and extend the antenna, the media or connect adapter will allow USB connection to the car like the armrest USB and you will the phone in the snap in icon on the idrive under external devices. I had to retrofit all that because mine didn't have all the hardware.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Does the sim have to be activated by a carrier for a monthly cost?
Yes, I bought a tablet data sim from EE here in the UK, Its about £10 GBP a month.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I have an iPhone 6 and the adapter is expensive (or was at the time) and won't fit with a case on, also I always forget to unplug my phone which got very irritating.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update: I won an adapter plate on eBay for $40 including shipping! I will update again after it arrives and is installed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Big shocker, the seller can't find the box that has the adapter plate in it. ARGH!! Why can't people just be honest and send the product when you win it and pay for it right away?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hopefully he didn't discover that I got a great deal and he wants to list it again with a higher reserve...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well it showed up yesterday and it works great!! I'm running Apple music at least until the 3 month free trial expires. Does anyone have experience with this app? It seems fairly straight forward.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts