BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
IIRC, I think it is two small phillps head screws on the back side of the lid. The 'skin' comes off of the rest of the lid.

Don't recall if the screws are accessible without any other disassembly of the center console first. Mine was nasty when I first bought the car, so I tore it all apart to clean inside. I can check the pics later.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Sorry, no pics of that, but just look under the front edge of the cover while it is in the open position. Be careful not to drop the piece down inside the console once you take the second screw off.

·
Seek to understand,^Value
25,199 Posts
You might find good pictures in these /trim(F3) results from the VERY best of E39 Links:

- How to remove interior cockpit trim (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) & cracks in the wood panels (1) & in the plastic vents (1)
- Hualigan installation DIY with removal of MID, HVAC/IHKA, Business CD player (1), & dashboard trim (1)
- How to remove the trim and bracket holding the MID & HVAC/IHKA panels (1) (2)

·
BMW CCA Member #: 444067
261 Posts
Be careful not to drop the piece down inside the console
Ok, mine is down inside the console. Now what?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Ok, mine is down inside the console. Now what?
Bluebee's first link looks like a winner. Looks very similar to what I remember from when I did it last spring. If you only need the lid and aren't wanting to actually take all the other trim off for repair or whatever, you might try just pulling out the storage bin only before you jump into the full procedure. There might be enough room to reach in there and retrieve your lost piece.

·
BMW CCA Member #: 444067
261 Posts
that 'oh drat' moment
I am amazed at how much Bluebee and I think alike. What are the odds that her phrase and mine end on the same letter of the alphabet?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts