Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was flipping thru the brochure of my 2001 330ci and realized that the brochure says that there is supposed to be a third headrest in my car. I only have two and all cars that I have seen have two also. Not that I am complaining, just a little curious.

·
Registered
12,204 Posts
Ben Chou said:
I was flipping thru the brochure of my 2001 330ci and realized that the brochure says that there is supposed to be a third headrest in my car. I only have two and all cars that I have seen have two also. Not that I am complaining, just a little curious.
I dont remember seeing this, I have my 2002 brochure around here, I will look at mine.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: Center Headreast in Rear of Coupe

dredmo said:

I dont remember seeing this, I have my 2002 brochure around here, I will look at mine.
In my 2001 Brochure, it says it in two places. One is when they describe the interior and there is a picture of three headrests. Then in the back where the option and features are listed it is listed as rear third headrest and seat-belt. Hmmm.... :dunno:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, maybe I just answered my own question. I looked at a newer 2001 brochure and the third headrest is gone. It seems they changed the specs on the coupe mid production run and had different brochures to show the changes.

It just so happens that I have the old and new brochures which are identical except for that page.

·
Registered
12,204 Posts
Mine shows a HUGE 2 page wide spread single photo of the rear seats, while explaining the rear fold down option. There is only two seats in the photo. :confused:

I guess for 2002 it is a no go. Maybe it is a misprint or typo for 2001?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dredmo said:
Mine shows a HUGE 2 page wide spread single photo of the rear seats, while explaining the rear fold down option. There is only two seats in the photo. :confused:

I guess for 2002 it is a no go. Maybe it is a misprint or typo for 2001?
Well, thanks for going on the wild goose chase with me. :D

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
Ben Chou said:
Not that I am complaining, just a little curious.
Be glad you don't have it. If the view from the view from the center mirror is like it is in my wagon you would curse it on a regular basis. It's worse than the third brake light hump in the current Taurus (for you rental car drivers).

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
I just looked at my booklet. I saw the two page spread of the backseat. Theres 3 headrests in the picture. Funny enough, if you flip back to page 5, theres only 2 headrests when you look through the back window.

To be honest with you, i really didnt notice/give a damn about the headrest until everyone starting joking about it as a 2003 addition.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
head rests

when I picked up my 01 330ci in march of the same year I Question the salesman about not getting the third head rest and his reply was that the 330ci doesn't come with third head rest the picture that you are looking at is the inside of the wagon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts