BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any experience with the various brands of center support bearing? Selection from various vendors seem to vary from Uro to Rein, CRP, and Genuine BMW... is this something that I should just get the BMW version to avoid having to do the job twice?

· catso
3,181 Posts
Anybody have any experience with the various brands of center support bearing? Selection from various vendors seem to vary from Uro to Rein, CRP, and Genuine BMW... is this something that I should just get the BMW version to avoid having to do the job twice?
I recently put in a Febi-Bilstein. The OEM one I replaced looked as good as new, but since I was replacing the driveshaft flex joint I figured I'd replace the center bearing too. Stay away from Uro; all their stuff is junk.

· Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I recently put in a Febi-Bilstein. The OEM one I replaced looked as good as new, but since I was replacing the driveshaft flex joint I figured I'd replace the center bearing too. Stay away from Uro; all their stuff is junk.
How many miles was on the car when you did the replacement? I'm in the same situation, the flex disc is cracked and I'm having it replaced and thought I may as well replace the center bearing at the same time.

Where did you order yours BTW?

· Registered
2,463 Posts
I don't think you can go wrong with any brand of that part. Never heard complaints of any brand of that part....

· catso
3,181 Posts
How many miles was on the car when you did the replacement? I'm in the same situation, the flex disc is cracked and I'm having it replaced and thought I may as well replace the center bearing at the same time.

Where did you order yours BTW?
123,000 and I have a local parts supplier that I can get stuff from in minutes. If you need to order parts, do it from one of the Fest's sponsors. Some have very fast shipping, so you can get the parts in a couple of days.

· ROLL TIDE!
24,184 Posts
Stay away from Uro; all their stuff is junk.
Agreed! Uro expansion tanks explode all the time. Their CAB's last no time at all, and they are sub par (hence the pricing). DON'T buy Uro!

Not a fan of Febi/Bilstein either. I say go OEM on this one.

· Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was actually all set to order from oembimmerparts.com. I e-mailed Max (got a reply in 2 min!) asked about what brand would be shipped if I ordered, he told me he has Rein/CRP in stock right now. I read a bad review on Pelicanparts.com on a Rein one being shipped defective, so that had me concerned about going non-OE.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.