BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have a 2001 E39 and have run into a problem. While the central locking will operate if the key is inserted into the driver's door, it will not work using the remote function of the key.

I suspect I blew a fuse but don't have a list available. Anyone here know what fuse number that would be?

Thanx,
Pete

·
Registered
427 Posts
I think its fuse 53 in the trunk (over the battery). Problems with this fuse are usually caused by the gas filler door lock actuator.

The other possibility is that your keys need to be re-programmed. Do a search to find directions.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks rtw, tried the key re-programming, even at the dealership but they said it had no effect. As for the the fuses in the trunk, I've found them. Unfortunately they're not marked and there's no way of telling which one 53 is. I'll just examine them all.

Thanks for the advice!!
Pete

·
Registered
130 Posts
the service manual shows, from left to right fuse 46 far left and fuse 66 all the way right. fuse 53 and 61 are the only 5 amp fuse. maybe this helps

·
Registered
7 Posts
if it keeps on blowing out, its the fuel door actuator..it will constantly blow out your fuse...the part only cost $50.00 , but to replace is a biatch. Look on the diy sites to find some pics.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Its a 7.5 amp fuse, if it keeps blowing out, its the fuel door actuator..it will constantly blow out your fuse...the part only cost $50.00 , but to replace is a biatch. Look on the diy sites to find some pics.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the description, found the fuse in the trunk. Replaced it but no effect. I guess it was worth a shot, now all that's left is the trip to the dealership.

Thanks much for the advise, guys!

Pete

1 - 10 of 10 Posts