BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Century BMW Greenville SC

4K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  JustJohn 
#1 ·
I want to thank Ron Rabins of Century BMW in Greenville SC for his help in getting us back on the road this past Saturday. A friend and I had driven from Washington DC on Thursday to attend the one-day driving school on Friday at the BMW Performance Center (great experience!!). We planned to leave at 8 am on Saturday morning to drive back to DC. After gassing up my '17 540i shortly before 8 am, I noticed the "check engine" light was on. I checked the "check control" and saw no faults. I turned off the engine and turned it back on to no avail. It did not make sense to drive over 500 miles with the check engine light on, so I called Century BMW. They said to come on over. Ron greeted us on arrival and quickly got the car back to service for a diagnostic. Unfortunately, the scan revealed that a pump related to the emissions control system was bad. While the car was safe to drive with that fault, Ron noted they had the part in stock and would expedite the repair. We were on the road back to DC by noon.

Thanks to Ron and the (unnamed technician) who took care of us with Southern hospitality.

#3 ·
awesome story!

#5 ·
But if you're not normally a customer of theirs beware. When doing a pickup of my new BMW at the Performance Delivery Center in Spartanburg I decided to turn in my previously leased BMW at Greer. The woman doing the end of lease inspection nickel and dimed me over every scratch and slight imperfection. Despite no cracks or holes in the windshield she wanted to charge me for a new one because it was "pitted". My original tires had less than 10,000 miles on them because I had swapped out the originals and used non-RFTs for most of the lease period. I had only remounted the originals back on for the drive down south from Pennsylvania. She also wanted to charge me for paint chips on the hood. I had to fight with BMWFS to get most of the charges forgiven. Mainly because I was going from one BMW into another and because I had shown copies of my tire shop's charges for mounting and unmounting the tires. Never again.

#7 ·
Sorry. I don't know why I typed "Greer". It was Century that I had these problems with. On Laurens Road, right? I just checked their website and the person that did my lease termination inspection is still there.
I didn't have an issue 7 years ago turning in a E83 (X3) at Century. However, with the recent posts on this issue and Century most likely receiving an inappropriate amount of lease turn-ins due to its proximity to the PC this may be the norm these days.

#8 ·
I've had fairly decent interactions with the service department with one notable exception. I had to have a seat motor replaced under warranty and for reasons never fully explained to me required 28 miles of road testing and a changed radio station. It was an M6 coupe if that helps clarify. I'd never let them service another uncommon BMW again. The service manager treats them like his personal fleet.

Other departments are horrendous and you are lucky if they even bother answering the phone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.